Freezing Pumpkin Pies

Category Baked Goods
Freezing Pumplin Pies
Making your own pumpkin pies ahead of time can make meal preparation easier. This is a guide about freezing pumpkin pies.

Can I freeze baked pumpkin pie?

By Julie

Anonymous
Best Answer

Of course you can! Just wrap it tightly with a couple of layers of saran wrap or foil.

I was wondering if it is a good idea to warm a pumpkin pie in the oven after it has been frozen and thawed in the fridge? Perhaps on low temp?

By Peg A

Can you freeze pumpkin pie that was bought in a store?

Elyse from Freehold, NJ

Answers:

Freezing Pumpkin Pies

That's a great idea about cutting them first before freezing, thanks! I never would have thought of that. (06/07/2008)

By riley

Can you freeze pumpkin pies and pecan pies after you make them?

Beth from Warsaw IN

Answers:

Freezing Pumpkin Pies

I found this at Baking911 http://www.baking911.com/events/thanksgiving.htm

"Q: I would like to make Pumpkin pies in advance and freeze them. Is this possible?

Annette

A: Theoretically, baked pumpkin pies can be frozen for 1 - 2 months and then thawed in refrigerator. But, it's not a good idea; the quality of a freshly baked homemade pumpkin pie is usually higher than a frozen one -- it's easiest and better to freeze the crust. Add the filling to the frozen crust (no need to thaw) just before baking and bake as usual.

When I have frozen a filled and baked pumpkin pie, I don't like the results -- custard pies, such as a pumpkin pie, get watery after thawing, ruining the filling and the crust. If you must freeze, do a trial run with your pie BEFORE you need it for a special event."

Hope this helps :) (11/14/2005)

By grlo3rdflr

Freezing Pumpkin Pies

Thank you very much. I will NOT freeze my pumpkin pie after reading your answers. Thank you very, very much. (11/16/2005)

By Annieoonnie2@aol.com

Freezing Pumpkin Pies

I was reading this post and I am in the same boat I want to make my pumpkin pies now to cook later. Is it okay to make the pies now and freeze them first to cook later? And if so what would be the baking instructions for a frozen uncooked pie? (11/17/2005)

By AnnKennedy

Freezing Pumpkin Pies

My wife makes delicious homemade pumkin pies with homemade crust. We always freeze them and they taste just as good as when they come out of the oven.

We cut the pie into pieces before freezing, that way we can take one or several pieces out at a time the night before we expect to enjoy them.

Just cover the pie with plastic wrap then aluminum foil. (12/02/2005)

By smartfell-r

Freezing Pumpkin Pies

What about freezing the filling (I use pie pumpkins, cook them, blend with the eggs and spices, etc.) in freeser bags? It would have to be thawed, of course, and one could either re-blend or drain the liquid. Any thoughts? (11/18/2006)

By Nancy

Can I freeze a store bought pumpkin pie? I bought it for Thanksgiving. Will it be watery when I thaw it out in the refrigerator?

Cathy from Conover, NC

Answers:

Freezing Pumpkin Pies

I bought a pumpkin pie last Christmas at the bakery and had it frozen until this August. It was perfect. Will do it again after the holiday and they are on sale. (11/26/2008)

By Mary C.