Freezing Pumpkin Pies

Can you freeze pumpkin pies and pecan pies after you make them?

Beth from Warsaw IN

Freezing Pumpkin Pies

I found this at Baking911

"Q: I would like to make Pumpkin pies in advance and freeze them. Is this possible?

A: Theoretically, baked pumpkin pies can be frozen for 1 - 2 months and then thawed in refrigerator. But, it's not a good idea; the quality of a freshly baked homemade pumpkin pie is usually higher than a frozen one -- it's easiest and better to freeze the crust. Add the filling to the frozen crust (no need to thaw) just before baking and bake as usual.

When I have frozen a filled and baked pumpkin pie, I don't like the results -- custard pies, such as a pumpkin pie, get watery after thawing, ruining the filling and the crust. If you must freeze, do a trial run with your pie BEFORE you need it for a special event."

Hope this helps :) (11/14/2005)

By grlo3rdflr

Freezing Pumpkin Pies

Thank you very much. I will NOT freeze my pumpkin pie after reading your answers. Thank you very, very much. (11/16/2005)

Freezing Pumpkin Pies

I was reading this post and I am in the same boat I want to make my pumpkin pies now to cook later. Is it okay to make the pies now and freeze them first to cook later? And if so what would be the baking instructions for a frozen uncooked pie? (11/17/2005)

By AnnKennedy

Freezing Pumpkin Pies

My wife makes delicious homemade pumkin pies with homemade crust. We always freeze them and they taste just as good as when they come out of the oven.

We cut the pie into pieces before freezing, that way we can take one or several pieces out at a time the night before we expect to enjoy them.

Just cover the pie with plastic wrap then aluminum foil. (12/02/2005)

By smartfell-r

Freezing Pumpkin Pies

What about freezing the filling (I use pie pumpkins, cook them, blend with the eggs and spices, etc.) in freeser bags? It would have to be thawed, of course, and one could either re-blend or drain the liquid. Any thoughts? (11/18/2006)

By Nancy

can pumpkin pie be put into a unbaked pre frozen crust and then frozen,

Freezing Pumplin Pies
Freezing Pumpkin Pies
Miniature Pumpkin Pies
Making Miniature Pumpkin Pies
Pumpkin Custard
Pumpkin Custard Recipes
Frozen peach slices.
Freezing Peaches
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants