Freezing Salsa

Category Sauces
Whether you bought bulk salsa or made a lot at home, freezing salsa is a good way to preserve it for later. This is a guide about freezing salsa.

I have lots of tomatoes. Can fresh tomato salsa be frozen?

By kscheele39 from Plymouth, NE

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Yes it can, but not for too long, maybe a couple weeks. You can can it, and it will last a long time. There are recipes online at www.allrecipes.com if you want to do that.

Yes it can, however, the tomatoes will get mushy upon thawing.

Can I freeze freshly made salsa?

Can salsa made with fresh tomatoes be frozen?

By Tina from KS

Answers:

Freezing Salsa

I am not sure about freezing it, but we always canned it and the shelf life is amazing. Be sure and learn how to properly can before doing so. It is very important to do it the right way so the food doesn't make you sick once you do eat it. (06/06/2010)

By hcannon

Freezing Salsa

I freeze mine. The only thing is it will get a little watery on top as it thaws, but usually you can just stir it up well after it is completely thawed. (06/08/2010)

By tshallow74

can I just freeze it in plastic containers raw without cooking it or do it have to cook it down first, I would rather not have to cook it!

Can you freeze store bought salsa? I have a large bottle and hate to see it go to waste!

mellowmona

Answers:

Freezing Salsa

I read a tip that if you freeze picante sauce, and then let it thaw, it actually improves the flavor. Since picante and salsa are almost the same, I would think it would be fine. I haven't had the chance to try this yet.

(06/11/2005)

By mkymlp

Freezing Salsa

Yep! (06/11/2005)

By Mart

Freezing Salsa

We buy half-gallons for our food concession, then freeze what's left until the next engagement. No problems. (06/12/2005)

By Coreen

Anonymous

Thank you everyone. I have so much right now and didn't want it to go bad. Thank you again

Harlean from Arkansas posted info regarding freezing fresh salsa. My question, how is it, once it is thawed? I do not want mushy salsa. Appreciate any feedback available.

Terry from Zionsville, IN

Answers:

Freezing Salsa

I've frozen homemade salsa in ice cube trays, then put into baggies and it did fine. (08/29/2006)

By imaqt1962