Freezing Salsa

Can salsa made with fresh tomatoes be frozen?

By Tina from KS

Freezing Salsa

I am not sure about freezing it, but we always canned it and the shelf life is amazing. Be sure and learn how to properly can before doing so. It is very important to do it the right way so the food doesn't make you sick once you do eat it. (06/06/2010)

By hcannon

Freezing Salsa

I freeze mine. The only thing is it will get a little watery on top as it thaws, but usually you can just stir it up well after it is completely thawed. (06/08/2010)

By tshallow74

can I just freeze it in plastic containers raw without cooking it or do it have to cook it down first, I would rather not have to cook it!

A jar of homemade salsa.
Freezing Salsa
Bowl of salsa surrounded by tomatoes.
Mild Salsa Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
Fruit Salsa Recipes
Fruit Salsa Recipes
Black Bean Salsa
Black Bean Salsa Recipes