Freezing Squash

Can someone tell me how to freeze fresh squash? I think you just cut it up and freeze it but not sure. Thanks.

mitch914 from Ingleside, TX

Answers:

Freezing Squash

You can grate zucchini, squeeze out juice, freeze by recipe amounts to use in zucchini bread. Or go ahead and cook the bread and then freeze. It freezes very well. Also, either yellow or zucchini frozen this way can be used in patties/pancakes. I find freezing sliced squash is kind of rubbery but freezing the cooked squash is better. (05/07/2008)

By Frances

Freezing Squash

Indeed blanch. Cut the squash up into rounds. Boil water, then put squash in for 5 minutes. drain and cool to room temperature. Then put it into a zip lock frozen baggie. I probably wouldn't salt ahead because salt takes the liquid out and you do want them moist. I have a bunch of squash plants growing, its what I intend to do. Sugar would be good to add in the water as Grammer said. (05/07/2008)

By Daphna101

Freezing Squash

If you put your blanched squash pieces on a cookie sheet and freeze them they will be individually frozen and you can take out as much as you want without having to thaw the whole bag. (05/07/2008)

By Ashley

Freezing Squash

Cut your squash to desired sizes. Lay evenly on a cookie sheet and place in freezer for an hour. Once they are frozen. then transfer to your freezer bags for future use. This works for breaded or non breaded squash. (05/08/2008)

By jules1963

Freezing Squash

I want to know how to bread squash and then freeze it for frying. (06/15/2008)

By navajo

Freezing Squash
Freezing Squash
Pickled Pumpkin
Pickled Squash Recipes
basket of sweet potato squash
Growing Sweet Potato Squash (Delicata Squash)
summer squash
Drying Squash
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
🎉
🎄