Freezing Summer Squash

We are growing zucchini in our garden, my question is can you freeze zucchini for later use?

By Vicki from Bonifay, FL

Freezing Summer Squash

Yes, but it will be very soft when thawed; like strawberries. It's wonderful in lasagna and casseroles. (05/26/2010)

By bkvander

Freezing Summer Squash

Yes, you can freeze it. I peel it and take out the seeds first. Cut it in quarters and shred it in the food processor. I save all of my dip containers, icing containers, peanut butter jars, and sour cream containers and freeze about a cup in each 1.

When I'm ready to use it I thaw it out on the countertop and then put it in a colander to get out all the excess liquid. Then add it to a recipe that calls for shredded zucchini. My family just loves my zucchini brownies and zucchini cake! (05/27/2010)

By luv2craft

Freezing Summer Squash

I froze mine last summer by shredding it, putting it into a container and freezing it, then transferring the frozen mass to a vacuum sealed bag. One thing to note is when you thaw it you will need to drain the excess liquid off before using it. I had measured mine into 4 cup containers for bread, but after thawing I only had 2 cups. Something to keep in mind. (05/28/2010)

By kayrayriggs

Freezing Summer Squash
Canning Summer Squash and Zucchini
Canning Summer Squash and Zucchini
Pickled Pumpkin
Pickled Squash Recipes
basket of sweet potato squash
Growing Sweet Potato Squash (Delicata Squash)
summer squash
Drying Squash