Freezing Uncooked Oatmeal

Can you freeze uncooked oatmeal to extend shelf life?

By Martha from Dayton, OH

Freezing Uncooked Oatmeal

I always freeze my oatmeal and any other grain product. It kills eggs of those bugs that are found in all grains. Storing the grains and flour products in the freezer if you don't expect to use it all with in the dates suggested will make it stay fresh longer. (01/26/2010)

By deebomb

Freezing Uncooked Oatmeal

I freeze all grains, dried beans, everything like that, and that lady is right, it does kill the bug eggs. (01/27/2010)

By c t

Freezing Uncooked Oatmeal

Yes, you can freeze uncooked oatmeal to extend shelf life. I do it all the time. I put it in a Zip loc gallon bag and put in the freezer, but when I want to use some or it, I bring to room temp first. (01/27/2010)

By Indianone

Freezing Uncooked Oatmeal

Yes. I just learned this from my sister recently. Keep it in a glass container. (01/28/2010)

By jwmn

Freezing Uncooked Oatmeal
A bowl of oatmeal.
Saving Money On Oatmeal
Uncooked Oatmeal
Freezing Uncooked Oatmeal
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
Freezing Calzones