Freezing Yellow Squash

Can you freeze fresh yellow squash and zucchini?

By 39470 from poplarville,ms

Answers:

Freezing Yellow Squash

You can freeze it but it will be mushy when you unthaw it. (04/20/2009)

By ivorylov

Freezing Yellow Squash

I have never had luck freezing them. (04/22/2009)

By mulberry204

Freezing Yellow Squash

I freeze zucchini for zucchini bread, cakes etc. I shred it with my food processor, measure it into 2 cups (which is what my recipe calls for) and place in freezer bag, squeeze out the extra air. Upon thawing, I put it (frozen zucchini)into a colander, let the extra water drain, give it an extra squeeze and then continue with recipe. This works out great!! As for yellow squash - don't know - our family doesn't prefer. Hope this helped (04/22/2009)

By batmenj_5

Freezing Yellow Squash

If you want to freeze squash or zucchini it is best to prepare them the way you would eat them then freeze them. I do this every year and have no problem, but if you freeze them without cooking them it does not turn out well. Always cook them first! (04/22/2009)

By hawkeye197033

Freezing Yellow Squash

I do like hawkeye, cook it first but I've found that I must really just get it warm, not throughly cooked because when it thaws, if it's fully cooked it will be mushy. Just thaw and finish cooking for a couple of minutes. (04/22/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Freezing Yellow Squash

Last year I sliced my yellow squash and then layed in layers of wax paper, then froze, then I would vacum seal in what ever size you want. I always fry mine, so I get everything ready before ,then dip and roll. deep fry while frozen, not as good as fresh but still has good flavor. (04/22/2009)

By chinadoll1957

Freezing Yellow Squash

I always bake my yellow winter squash before freezing. No thawing problems. Zuchini I shred and then freeze. Thaw in fridge, drain off the fluid before using. This is juice, which is mostly water, so unless you are making soup, discard. (04/24/2009)

By TandT Grandma

Freezing Yellow Squash

You can freeze yellow squash, if you cut them and blanch them in water this does not turn out well but if you blanch then in oil (fry) for just a bit about 30 sec per side they retain there flavor. The thawed product is much better this way and have a more attractive look. Since squash is mostly water anyway the blanching in water method will yield a poor product when you go to cook them. Those blanched in oil can be stewed or used in a casserole without any problem with good results. (06/22/2009)

By willyburgs

Freezing Squash
Freezing Squash
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Pickled Pumpkin
Pickled Squash Recipes
summer squash
Drying Squash
🎉
🎄