Freezing and Reheating Fried Breaded Oysters

I breaded and fried fresh oysters, but there are too many to eat now. Can I freeze and reheat them with the same flavor intact and how do I do that?

By Jeanne

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

After buying a quart of fresh oysters for oyster stuffing I had a pint left over and fried them up in a batter and they were delicious! I found the best way to freeze them is to use wax paper for separation during freezing.

To reheat: preheat your oven to 400 degrees, do not thaw the oysters and bake them on a cookie sheet for about 15 minutes or until they're golden brown and a bit crispy. You don't want them soggy so keep checking them until they're sizzling and crisp. Worked great and they did not dry out at all!

Here is a way to fry them:

Heat a frying pan with a tight fitting lid to medium heat and add 2 Tbsp. margarine. Take out as many as you want, place in the pan and let brown for 3 minutes. Flip the oysters, turn up the heat to high, pour in 2 Tbsp. water and cover with the lid. Fry for 4 minute Take off the lid (the heat from the steam will cook the oysters). Their should be a cloud of steam when you take off the lid. The oysters will now be soft. Cook for another 3 min on each side.

Answer

Oysters
Freezing Oysters
Food and Recipes Freezing SeafoodJanuary 7, 2013
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Reheating Pancakes
Reheating Pancakes
Fried Dill Pickle Chip Recipes
Breaded Chicken
Breaded Chicken Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 3, 2016 at 5:50:18 PM on 10.0.0.136 in 533 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.