Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Freezing and Reheating Fried Breaded Oysters

I breaded and fried fresh oysters, but there are too many to eat now. Can I freeze and reheat them with the same flavor intact and how do I do that?

By Jeanne

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By hopefulau [1]01/13/2013

Here is a way to fry them:

Heat a frying pan with a tight fitting lid to medium heat and add 2 Tbsp. margarine. Take out as many as you want, place in the pan and let brown for 3 minutes. Flip the oysters, turn up the heat to high, pour in 2 Tbsp. water and cover with the lid. Fry for 4 minute Take off the lid (the heat from the steam will cook the oysters). Their should be a cloud of steam when you take off the lid. The oysters will now be soft. Cook for another 3 min on each side.

By Jeanne [1]01/08/2013

After buying a quart of fresh oysters for oyster stuffing I had a pint left over and fried them up in a batter and they were delicious! I found the best way to freeze them is to use wax paper for separation during freezing.

To reheat: preheat your oven to 400 degrees, do not thaw the oysters and bake them on a cookie sheet for about 15 minutes or until they're golden brown and a bit crispy. You don't want them soggy so keep checking them until they're sizzling and crisp. Worked great and they did not dry out at all!