Fried Pasta Recipes

Category Pastas
Stir-Fried Pasta
Try fried pasta as an appetizer at your next party or as a main dish for dinner. This page contains fried pasta recipes.

I have been a chef in fine dining for years, but I learned this recipe in one the first sous chef positions I had at an old Italian restaurant. I like this recipe because it's fast, kid friendly, and I have found from fine dining to southern cooking, everyone loves this recipe because everyone loves fried foods and pasta.

The number one reason I love this recipe is because you can go all natural by making your own sauces or even pasta or you can go the economical and fast method by using frozen/ready made sauces.

Directions:

Go to your local grocery store, head to the frozen food section, and find frozen ravioli. I love this recipe because you can choose if you want all veggies or a seafood route. Do not use canned ravioli. For best results, thaw the ravioli 1-2 hours before frying

If you have a fryer of some sort, fry until the ravioli floats. If you are like me, with frying pan in hand, use about 3 tablespoons 100% Vegetable shortening (you can choose just regular old Crisco, I figure, if I am frying I mine as well try to go healthy, if that makes sense).

Now, I always make my own Alfredo or tomato sauce and freeze it in portions for occasions like this, but you can also pick up just a quick ready made sauce of your choice - Alfredo, tomato, or even a can of cream of mushroom would work. Start heating sauce using medium setting when you start heating up your oil.

When you warm up your shortening, start with the stove set to low, then work your way up to medium. Do not exceed medium.

Cook ravioli four at a time until the pasta forms a hard crust (6-7 minutes). Flip the ravioli twice while frying. Be careful not to cook the pasta to long, it will cook the stuffing out of the ravioli.

Grab your a couple of your kids brown lunch bags, they absorb all of the oil from the ravioli and don't leave stuff on the ravioli like paper towels. Let the ravioli only rest for about 2 minutes.

Your sauce should get ready to serve when your ravioli is coming out of the oil, so plate ravioli first, then smother with sauce and enjoy! If you want to dress it up, grab a couple sprigs of basil or grate some fresh Parmesan cheese on top.

Servings: 2
Time:15-20 Minutes Preparation Time
7 to 8 mins Minutes Cooking Time

By mandyleigh11 from Burlington, NC

You can make an interesting, crunchy, economical snack with pasta. Try Crunchy Bow Ties. Bring a large pot of water to boil, add salt. Cook the bow tie pasta half way done. Drain well. This will take several batches.

Transfer a few bow ties into about 1/2 cup hot vegetable oil. When the edges get golden brown, turn. Remove when done on both sides. They cook very quickly. Toss with salt, lime juice, and equal parts of Romano and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat the process until they are all fried. You can also substitute lemon juice for the lime juice.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

Ingredients

• 1 lb. Spaghetti
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
  • garlic powder or sliced fresh garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional: black olives, onions, mushrooms and green peppers

Directions

Cook spaghetti until almost done, but not quite. Mix eggs and cheese in a bowl, add cooled pasta and any optional items if desired. Mix well. In large Teflon coated skillet, add just enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom. Heat on hot to medium low heat and add pasta. Form pasta so you can flip or turn after browning on one side. Flip after about 6 minutes and brown the other side.

Top with spaghetti sauce or a mixture of 1/2 spaghetti sauce and 1/2 salsa.

To turn pasta, place dish or pizza pan over top of pan and carefully turn pan over so pasta slides onto dish.

Helpful Hints: follow time instructions on spaghetti box, but undercook by 1 to 2 minutes. You must use freshly cooked spaghetti, not leftover.

By Trudy from Springfield, IL

Years ago, my grandfather used to make a dish that he called "Fried Macaroni". All I can remember is that he used macaroni, wheat germ, and sugar. And it was fried, at least at the end of the recipe. Does anyone know of a recipe that sounds like this at all?

Dani from OH

You can bake the mac and cheese in a flat pan. When cool, cut into squares, dip each square in beaten egg, then bread crumbs and the deep fry. That is how I do it. Hope that helps. Good luck.

My mom used to make something similiar, I think.

After the macaroni was cooked, she put it in a frying pan with some oil, breadcrumbs and onions (and I guess whatever else you'd like) and fry it lightly till the breadcrumbs coated the macaroni.

It's really good!

Fried Macaroni And Cheese

CDKitchen http://www.cdkitchen.com

Serves/Makes: 6 | Difficulty Level: 3 | Ready In: < 30 minutes

8 ounces medium or sharp cheddar cheese, grated

2 cups dry elbow macaroni, cooked and drained

1/2 teaspoon table salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1/8 teaspoon paprika (optional)

3 large fresh eggs (room temperature), beaten

2 tablespoons butter, melted

1 tablespoon oil or bacon drippings

Directions:

Grate cheese of choice and set aside. Cook 2 cups dry elbow macaroni to al dente stage according to directions. Drain well in colander. Place in a large bowl. Season with salt, black pepper and paprika (optional). In a medium bowl, beat eggs briskly with a wire whisk until light and fluffy and pale yellow. In a large skillet over low heat, heat oil and butter together. Quickly mix together macaroni, grated cheese and beaten eggs. Add mixture to skillet and stir and fry until brown and crispy. Serve immediately.

Recipe Location: http://www.cdki  heese49195.shtml

Recipe ID: 4177

Don't forget to stop back at CDKitchen and write a review or upload a picture of this recipe!

The way my mother did Fried Macaroni is; cook macaroni drain then put in a skillet and after macaroni is hot pour some beaten egg over it and cook till egg is done. I still do left over macaroni this way.

My mom used to do this: Fry some chopped onion until transparent in a good bit of butter. Toss in leftover elbow macaroni and then some breadcrumbs, salt & pepper. (Should be enough butter to sink in to the breadcrumbs.) Fry until heated well. Very good!