Front Load Washer Smells Terrible

I have a Maytag front loader washing machine. It really stinks inside like mildew. How can I get rid of the smell? No one told me it would smell after using it. I've tried bleach, baking soda, vinegar.

Please help.

By Pansy from Columbia Falls, MT

Answers:

Front Load Washer Smells Terrible

Always leave the door open after you have washed a load of clothes. Do not close it when you are not washing. The seal is so tight that air cannot get in to dry it out, so you must leave the door open when it is not in use. We had the same problem when we first got ours. This simple thing solved the problem. (04/28/2010)

By Tracey

Front Load Washer Smells Terrible

I use a product called "Affresh" made to remove odor-causing residue in HE washers. My Maytag has a "clean washer" cycle that is designed for this. When you finish your washing for the day, it is very important to dry out the rubber part of the frame, especially the depressed lip area, remove the dispenser to air dry and keep the washer door ajar to ensure all moist areas can dry and prevent mold growth. (05/01/2010)

By kmg2010

Close up of empty front load washing machine with the door open
Front Loading Washer Smells Bad
Front Loading Washer
Buying a Front Loading Washer With Reversible Door
Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
View from inside of a front load washing machine of a man holding his nose.
Rotten Egg Smell in a Front Loading Washer
Washing Machine
Musty Smell in a Washing Machine
🎉
🎄