Frozen Coffee Drink Recipes (Like Starbucks)

I love the frozen drinks at Starbucks, but they are so expensive. Does anyone have any recipes that are as smooth and creamy as Starbucks and, needless to say, as yummy?

I don't have an exact recipe, but we mix up coffee and vanilla ice cream in the blender for a similar treat. And I agree with you no coffee is as yummy as Starbucks. We are thrifty, but I splurge on packaged Starbucks at Walmart (it's the cheapest) to enjoy on the weekends. (03/01/2005)

By Allison

Smooth and Creamy Iced Cafe

• 1 cup strong cold coffee
  • 4 tsp confectioner's sugar
  • 1 cup half and half
  • 3 cups crushed ice

Place all into a blender. Blend until smooth. Makes four, 10 oz. servings (03/01/2005)

By Suzanne S.

Frozen Mochaccino

• 12 Tbsps ground coffee
  • 10 cups water
  • 3/4 cup coffee creamer (powdered)
  • 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
  • 1/2 cup caramel syrup
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • whipped cream topping (optional)

Brew coffee and water. In a large pitcher combine coffee and other ingredients. Stir until dissolved. Cover and chill in refrigerator.

Per serving place 1 cup ice and 1 cup chilled coffee mix in blender. Blend on high until ice is completely crushed and drink is frothy (1-2 minutes approximately). Pour in glass, top with whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate and caramel syrups.

Unused portion of mix may be stored in fridge for one week. Keep covered. (03/01/2005)

By Suzanne S.

Banana Frostie

• 1 ripe banana
  • 1-1/2 cups cold, strong coffee
  • 3 Tbsps granulated sugar
  • 1 cup vanilla ice cream

Cut banana into chunks and combine with coffee and sugar in blender. Blend at high speed. When mix is smooth, add ice cream and blend at medium speed until smooth. Pour into 2 12-ounce glasses. Serve. (03/01/2005)

By Suzanne S.

Cafe Chocomalt

• 1 cup cold strong coffee
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup chocolate ice cream
  • 2 Tbsps granulated sugar
  • 2 Tbsps malted-milk powder

Place all ingredients in blender. Blend on high. Makes 2 12-ounce servings. (03/01/2005)

By Suzanne S.

Iced Mocha with Mint

• 2 Tbsps chocolate syrup
  • 3/4 cup freshly brewed coffee
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • dash of mint extract
  • 1 scoop crushed ice
  • mint leaf for garnish

Combine chocolate syrup, coffee, mint, milk, and crushed ice in blender. Blend until frothy. Pour into tall glass and garnish with mint leaf. (03/01/2005)

By Suzanne S.

Iced Toffee

• 1 Heath Bar, 1-3/16 ounces
  • 2 cups vanilla ice cream
  • 1/2 cup cold, strong coffee

Break Heath bar into 4 pieces. Place in blender with softened ice cream and coffee. Blend on high until candy is blended smooth and the mix is thick. Pour into two, twelve-ounce glasses. Gonna need a spoon for this one. (03/01/2005)

By Suzanne S.

Here's another great recipe you can try. Mix 1 small box powered milk, same size powered sugar, and unsweetened cocoa. Mix all this together in a plastic container. This can be stored for quite a while this way. In blender pour your regular or lowfat milk to equal about 1 1/2 cup. Scoop about 1 cup of the powered mixture. Put in your favorite candy bar (Butterfinger is best or Heath Bar), 1 shot espresso and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and enjoy. (03/13/2005)

I use this mix in my hot morning coffee and it can be served over ice.

• 5 parts Coffeemate creamer
  • 1 part french vanilla instant cappucino mix
  • 1 part hot cocoa mix (just add water kind)
  • mix it up in a storage container
  • add 1/2 cup mix to 12 oz coffee

Enjoy hot or cool and serve over ice. (02/19/2006)

By Melissa

Check out Kraft Foods online. They have a great recipe. (06/17/2006)

By MissMke

Try Frozen Xplosion go to and you can blend awesome drinks at home. With your own coffee. (03/08/2007)

By Randy

RE: Frozen Coffee Drink Recipes (Like Starbucks)

I recommend an awesome ebook. Its $7, but you get 34 pages of Starbucks recipes. For a frozen coffee here is one from the book. If you want to buy it I got it from this link here: (if it doesn't work copy and paste it into your browser)

Starbuck's Frozen Frappuccino

The Frappuccino is blended with strong coffee, sugar, a dairy base, and ice.
Make double-strength coffee by measuring 2 tablespoons of ground coffee
per cup (serving) in your coffee maker. The copy will be even more authentic
if you use Starbucks beans and grind them yourself just before brewing.

• 3/4 cup double-strength coffee, cold
  • 1 cup low-fat milk
  • 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 2 cups ice

1. Make double-strength coffee by brewing with twice the coffee required by
    your coffee maker. That should be 2 tablespoons of ground coffee per each cup
    of coffee. Chill before using.

2. To make the drink, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high
    speed until ice is crushed and drink is smooth. Pour into two 16-ounce glasses, and
    serve with a straw.

Makes 2 large drinks.

Caramel: For this, add 3 tablespoons of caramel topping to the original recipe above and
prepare as described. Top each glass with whipped cream and drizzle additional
caramel over the whipped cream.

Mocha: For this version, add 3 tablespoons Hershey's chocolate syrup to the original

recipe and prepare as described. Top each glass with whipped cream if desired (03/11/2007)

By Jason

When I make any type of ice coffee I make the ice cubes out of left over coffee. This prevents the ice from watering down the drink.

By SunshineRose

I make this one all the time, it doesn't taste exactly like Starbucks, but personally, I think it's way better.

It's on the back of a Nestle hot chocolate packet. They have a lot of different recipes on the back of each packet in a box and I've tried a few, but this one's my favorite.

Frozen Mocha

(makes 1 serving; about the amount of 1 coffee cup)

• 1 cup ice cubes *I use 5 and it works great
  • 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt, or ice cream
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 envelope of any brand hot cocoa mix *I use Nestle
  • 1/2 teaspoon Instant coffee granules *I use General Foods International French Vanilla
  • Fat Free whipped topping (optional)

Place ice, frozen yogurt (or ice cream), milk, cocoa mix, and coffee granules in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Top with whipped topping. Serve Immediately.

Like I said earlier, I got this recipe from Nestle.
I love it. (11/17/2007)

By Amylita

Starbucks has something they call a "Frappuccino" remember this is a registered name so what I make is simply "My Frozen Coffee" This recipe for a drink costs me about $0.38 for a 40 oz blender full. A bit of a difference when 16 oz at Starbucks set me back $4.50 plus the expected tip and I don't have a clue what the heck was in that foil box that came out from under the cabinet. So here is my own tried and true recipe.

The measurements are to taste that you prefer over time there is no order to the mixture:

1. from my ice dispenser 1 20 oz travel cup of ice. Just dump it in your Kitchen-aid counter top blender.
  2. About 8 oz plain or vanilla yogurt. I buy it in a 32 oz carton.
  3. 2 or 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
  4. A good hard squeeze of honey from one of those bear shaped plastic thingys with the pop top.
  5. 1 or 2 packets of water soluble cocoa or an equivalent for a box of powder.
  6. 1 or 2 scoops of instant coffee crystals
  7. Just enough milk to make the blender take up the challenge and mix it well when you turn the thing on Liquify.

There is no secret to the mixture in what to add first. If you want some protein add a whole egg. If you want ice cream use less milk. If you want a zip and a zing add a shot of Caffee Lolita Coffee Liqueur. If you are diabetic well you know what to do in that case.
Enjoy the fun. (11/03/2008)

By Silverthorne

Free Coffee Recipe Book

I have a collection of great coffee recipes, some Starbuck like coffee recipes and some just plain old good coffee recipes.

You can have it for free if you go to (11/12/2008)

By Scott

Frappuccino Drink
Frappuccino Recipes
Photo of a cup of iced coffee.
Homemade Iced Coffee Recipes
starbucks sign
Saving Money at Starbucks
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Vietnamese Iced Coffee, Saigon Style
Making Vietnamese Coffee (Cafe Sua Da)