Frugal Bathroom Cleaner

If you run out of bathroom cleaner, toilet cleaner or you just don't want to pay such high prices for these things, I use a bottle of cheap concentrate washing up detergent (a generic brand usually under 50 cents in the supermarket). Swirl it around the toilet bowl just like the other type. Give it a good scrub, bingo sparkling clean toilet! The same goes for the rest of the bathroom.

By Gail

Answers:

Frugal Bathroom Cleaner

I'm not sure I know what "concentrate washing up detergent" is. Could you explain more or give an example. Thanks (04/16/2004)

By Eileen

Frugal Bathroom Cleaner

I put a few drops liquid dish detergent or shampoo in a spray bottle [with fine spray option,409 bottles have the best sprayers so I buy a bottle once in a while]then gently fill with water. I use this to clean Loads of stuff,including my dogs as it kills fleas. For this reason it is also really good to Mop the floor with.I just washed my bathroom floor with it tonight.

A couple of years ago I had 2 kittens the fleas were literally eating alive. After I washed dishes, I dunked them (one at a time) in the warm dishwater. I rinsed with warm water and dried with fluffy towel and blowdryer. Yes,of course, I added a few more scars to my collection but not as many as I'd thought and also gained the very nice cats. (04/16/2004)

By Linne

Frugal Bathroom Cleaner

I think "concentrate washing up detergent" it is any all purpose cleaner. Quite often at the Dollar stores they have all purpose cleaners for about $1 a bottle.

Thanks, (04/24/2004)

Susan

Frugal Bathroom Cleaner

I`m originally from England and "Washing up" was our way of saying "washing the dishes" Thus; I imagine washing up liquid is any dishwashing liquid. Hope this helps. (03/03/2005)

By Marian

Frugal Bathroom Cleaner

Thanks to Linne on your tip for frugal bathroom cleaning I am going to try that. I didn't know that it worked for fleas. If we (and I pray that we don't) have them this year, I will try that. I will clean my bathroom with the dish detergent and h20. Great idea! My dish detergent is always anti bacterial any way. (06/14/2006)

By miraclelady50

Frugal Bathroom Cleaner

I use two kitchen ingredients to clean the toilet bowl- lemon juice and baking soda. I sprinkle some of both on and do something else for a few minutes. When I come back, I barely have to scrub with the toilet brush and the toilet bowl is clean and shiny. (01/08/2009)

By Michelle

Frugal Bathroom Cleaner
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors, Reflection in a mirror of boy drying his hair with a blow dryer.
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe
🎉
🎄