Frugal Hair Rinse

There is no need to buy expensive hair rinses. Just rinse your hair with a solution of either lemon juice or vinegar mixed with about 1/2 cup lukewarm water. Pour it through your hair, let it stay for a few minutes, and rinse it out. This will help remove any soap scum, too, and it will leave your hair shiny and healthy looking.

By Robin

Frugal Hair Rinse

Way back in the olden days (1970s), I used vinegar to rinse my long hair. I had to wash my hair in the kitchen sink and didn't feel like I got all the soap out so started using the vinegar for rinsing. It worked very well, and left my hair very shiny. It even seemed to loosen some of the tangles. I recommend it too! (01/28/2005)

By jlxian

Frugal Hair Rinse

Can you use vinegar or lemon juice on chemically highlighted hair? (01/28/2005)

By Kathy

Frugal Hair Rinse
Dishwasher full of dishes.
Homemade Rinse Agent Recipes
Homemade Hair Rinse Recipes
Homemade Hair Rinse Recipes
Dishwasher full of dishes.
Saving Money on Rinse Agent
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes