Frugal Window Treatment

When making the window treatments for my family room I had no idea what to do with the tall window next to the slider. I made an extra shear as a fill in until I could think of something. I put up a pressure rod and hung it, then to protect it from my grabby toddler I flipped the end over the rod, making 3 layers, which I lined up evenly at the bottom, wrapped 2 shear wide ribbons around it (to hold it up) and tied bows at the bottom, so it looked scalloped. I've received more compliments on the quick fix curtain than all the others I've made. It works, it was quick and was about $3.

By Christine

Dear Christine:
This sounds like a lovely idea. I am a little confused about where and how you tied the curtains. It was one panel or two. I have a window that could really benefit from this. How long was the panel when you were done relative to the window? Is it okay to decorate windows with just valences? Thanks

By dreeanna

Frugal Window Treatment
Frugal Window Curtains
Window Screen
Alternate Uses for Window and Door Screens
Woman hanging a window treatment.
Window Treatment Advice
Kitchen Window Treatment
Kitchen Window Treatment Color Advice
A young child counting coins.
Teaching Your Kids About Frugal Living