Fruit Punch Stain in Gray Vehicle Carpet

We went to Burger King the other day and my 5 year old forgot her Fruit punch drink in the vans cup holder. Needless to say the cup leaked and I just spotted it yesterday. I have tried Shout concentrate, Woolite Oxy Deep, Aquanet, and 20 volume Hair developer (I am a hairdresser and was tryng to pull ideas out of my backside and it is really strong peroxide). So far nothing has helped.

Any ideas?

Jessie

Answers:

Jessie I work at a used car lot we use purple power and tough scrubbing with a CLEAN towel. First I would mix the purple power with water about 3 parts cleaner and 1 part water. Just spray it on and get scrubbing. We have found that when your towel gets a little dirty change to a clean spot or clean towel. If that don't work we use straight purple power. Just be sure that you don't leave it on any plastic or glass to long it will take the color out of plastic and it etches glass. GOOD LUCK!! (01/13/2005)

By shannon in NC

I have always had luck removing stains from carpet and furniture with baby wipes. It may take several wipes but I would try it before using any more chemicals. (01/13/2005)

By Ann4

Spot Shot. Blue can, orange cap. In the cleaning supply aisle at Wal Mart and grocery/hardware stores. Costs about $3.00. I'd rinse out all the previous chemicals you've tried with clear water first tho. (01/13/2005)

By Grandma Margie

Hi Jessie, I use top job on my carpets at home and in my truck it does wonders. Mix the top job with water and scrub with scrub brush. Lets us know what works and good luck!

Mary (01/13/2005)

By Mary

Try Oxiclean mixed with water at the strength suggested on the container or plain old straight hydrogen peroxide. Also, shaving cream is another suggestion. It makes a decent stain remover for carpets and it doesn't harm the carpet either. (01/13/2005)

By truerblue

SHOT SPOT is the ONLY way to do it. I have 2 puppies and it not only works to clean up urine, and vomit, but old spots, too. It is well worth the 3.50 + that it might cost. Try it, what have you to lose but 3.50 and your time.

Good luck. (01/14/2005)

By Beth

I just spilled a huge bottle of orange soda on a very pale green carpet and tried all the things you did. I had already planned to buy a Little Green cleaning machine and the Bissell cleaner that came with it did the trick. You can buy this cleaning fluid at wal mart and I'll never use anything else. It also is a fantastic laundry stain remover. (01/21/2005)

By Annie.

Try a paste of baking soda and water. I would test on a small unseen spot just to make sure it won't discolor the carpet. (09/07/2005)

By Madelynnsmama

Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Wedding Punch Recipes
Coloring Gray Hair
Coloring Gray Hair
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
ARDELL Gray Magic Color Additive
Ardell Gray Magic Color Additive Reviews
🎄