Fun High School Reunion Activities

I am planning my 10th reunion. This will be the first reunion I have ever attended and I need help. We have all the basics planned. Now we are looking for ideas of what to do during the reunion. We are planning to put together a survey and give awards but what kind of questions should we ask? Any other fun things to plan for the evening? Any advice? Things we may not think of? All help is much appreciated!

Courtney

Answers:

Fun High School Reunion Activities

I helped organize our class's 25th reunion and it was so much fun. We sent out letters and included a questionnaire page, which included the basics: address, family, grandchildren, career and added favorite high school memories, favorite friends, teachers, activities and a particular unforgettable memory. Life Lessons learned since high school. When these were all returned we had them printed in a small booklet and added their high school photo on the page. Also included was a list if class officers, words to the school song and a tribute to deceased class members.

We had a simple banquet at a local restaurant with a home cooked meal and decorated in school colors. After it was over we had a party at a local fair building with dancing and music from our high school years and took a class picture. There was some drinking but it was NOT encouraged. When you get into making ELABORATE plans you lose your crowd.

The 30th reunion was at a big motel banquet room with drinks lousy food and there wasn't a handful that showed up. Earlier that day we had a picnic at a local park which included families and children and that turned out great but no one wanted in on the out-of-town party. I'm saying, keep it simple and stress free and it will be a success.

Another thing we did at our first reunion was to give framed certificates to the class officers and gave the centerpieces to the one who had driven the most miles and the person most physically changed since high school. Our 35th will be next year and I hope I will still be able to get it together. Reunions are so much fun. (09/13/2005)

By Sharon, KY

Fun High School Reunion Activities

i live in Texas and we used old boots (one standing up/one on its side) bluebonnets, red bandannas and small potting plants. It was the best, and cheap! The bluebonnets were silk, bandannas are inexpensive, and small potting plants can vary as to colors you need. You can add Spanish moss, ivy, or whatever to bring out your school colors/mascot. (03/02/2006)

By Judy

Fun High School Reunion Activities

I'm reading everyone's feedback because we're planning ahead on our reunion which is next year. There's a lot of great ideas here. I'm totally stealing some. :) Thanks much! (10/25/2006)

By VONLEI

Fun High School Reunion Activities

Something our reunion group did once:
Choose a theme such as oldies but goodies, song titles, etc. Gather props to go with the theme. Divide members into groups of 4 or 5. Let them randomly choose a slip of paper with a title on it (skit or song). They then all run to grab props that have been previously laid out. With whatever props they were able to grab, they then have to preform the skit/song. Place a time limit on the "practice time". This is a very funny activity. (03/07/2007)

By Susan

Calendar with High School Reunion marked on it
Fun High School Reunion Activities
Photo of a large high school and its football field.
High School Activities Ideas
Woman with Gag Gift for Family Reunion
Gag Gifts for Family Reunion
High School Graduation Party Cupcakes
High School Graduation Party Ideas
High School Reunion
Making Memory Books for a High School Reunion
🎄