Furniture Dents in Carpet

I recently moved some heavy furniture in my living room. How do I get rid of the imprints in my carpet from the couch?

Marcie from Prairie du Sac, WI

Answers:

Furniture Dents in Carpet

I've used the ice cubes for many years, as I routinely move the furniture in our home around. Just put an ice cube into each dent, let it melt, blot up excess water, and fluff with a fork. You may have to vacuum a couple of times, but it works. (01/31/2007)

By RaineAnn

Furniture Dents in Carpet

I tried the ice cubes but it wasn't successful. I then used a wire brush and a fork to lift the carpet. Then a hair dryer and a fork which was more successful, then vacuumed over it. Hasn't cleared it completely but looks a lot better. I think this is just where the under-lay has been flattened. (02/22/2007)

By Tom

Furniture Dents in Carpet

The iron worked perfectly. Set the iron to "cotton", then put a t-shirt over the dents and steamed a couple of times. Each dent only took about 30 seconds to fix. (03/15/2008)

By Stan

Furniture Dents in Carpet

Place a very damp dish or wash cloth in the microwave. Heat it as hot as you can. Get a cup or small bowl. Place the cloth in the bowl and invert the cup over the indentation and let stand for a few minutes. Remove the bowl and brush with an old tooth brush. (02/03/2009)

By Mary C.

Furniture Dents from Carpet
Removing Furniture Dents from Carpet
Lampshade
Repairing Dents in Lampshades
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
🎉
🎄