Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Garden Bird Photos

The beauty of our feathered friends in the garden is rewarding to capture in a snapshot.This page contains garden bird photos.

November 15, 2007 Flag

I would like to hear what people in other parts of the country are seeing at their bird feeders. Since the winter finches are making a southerly push this fall, there may be some interesting birds showing up at your feeders. Some of the birds to look out for will be pine siskins, red and white-winged crossbills, Bohemian waxwings, common and hoary redpolls, red-breasted nuthatches, maybe some others.

Larry from Saint Joseph, MO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This Christmas morning there was a pretty good showing of various birds at our backyard bird feeders.

American Goldfinches

Dark-eyed Juncos

Red-bellied Woodpecker

Brown Creeper (in trees near the feeders)

Downy Woodpeckers

Carolina Wren

House Finches

European Starlings (in trees near the feeders)

Pine Siskin (1) on niger seed sock with the goldfinches

Black-capped Chickadees

Red-breasted Nuthatches (2)

House Sparrows

Northern Flicker

Northern Cardinals

Blue Jay

White-breasted Nuthatch

and

a fly over Red-tailed Hawk

Today, the day after Christmas, we had seven PINE SISKINS show up at our backyard feeding station. They were congregating with the American Goldfinches on the niger seed, sock feeder.

Two RED-BREASTED NUTHATCHES continue to be daily visitors to our peanut feeder.

Here is a photo of one of the two Carolina Wrens we have coming to the peanut feeder we have on our feeding station.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

May 21, 2009 Flag

I was standing at my patio door trying to get a picture of a Baltimore Oriole that I could hear in my backyard when this little guy landed on the back of one of my patio chairs. This is a Rose Breasted Grosbeak.

By Mary Moo from Wilmington, IL

Rose Breasted Grosbeak

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

That is fabulous photography! I was fortunate enough to see a Rose Breasted Grosbeak one time here in South Georgia - guess he was on his way to Florida. The coloring on them is truly striking, isn't it? I've never seen a Baltimore Oriole - I bet they are pretty, too. We have yellow orioles here. Thanks for sharing this pic with us and God bless you.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

April 4, 2011 Flag

I happened to look out my kitchen window yesterday, and saw this beautiful cardinal sitting there posing for me!

By Toni N.

Cardinal perched on tree branch.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Wow!

What a lucky lady you are, great photo!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

April 25, 2016 Flag

Photo Description
I have had to stop feeding all the birds for now as the cow birds were taking over and coming in droves and hogging the feeders. They don't care for thistle nor do the other birds, but I love watching the gold finches and they are at the feeder most all day.

All the birds enjoy the birdbath and I have to add water to that every day as they splash it out taking a bath.

Love my birds!

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

March 5, 2014 Flag

Pileated woodpecker on tree stump.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I snapped this photo of a pileated woodpecker pecking at a fresh tree stump in my neighbor's yard.

May 31, 2011 Flag

Red cardinal bird in a rhododendron bush.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This bird was right outside my window, just sitting there. So I grabbed my camera and started snapping photos. I got about five or six shots before he flew away!

September 29, 2011 Flag

hummingbird on Wire Near Feeder

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

We have several hummingbird feeders around the yard and Path Garden. This is at the front door where we can see this little guy standing "guard " over his own personal buffet.

June 11, 2012 Flag

Cardinal in flight near feeders.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I captured this photo with my cell phone looking through our French doors outside one morning as this cardinal was just coming off one of our log feeders and was in flight with its wings wide open. I was truly amazed that I captured the shot with my cell phone.

September 27, 2011 Flag

Large Towhee Sitting on Fence Post

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I took this digital photo this afternoon in the garden here near the patio. The bird was sitting on the fence, and had been in the tomato garden earlier when I was out there.

October 27, 2006 Flag

blue jays on picnic table

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

These two local blue jay's visit my picnic table bird feeder daily. I took an old picnic table and turned it into a feast table for the birds. I only lay a few handfuls a day for the local birds to eat.

July 16, 2007 Flag

bird at feeder

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

A new bird in the neighborhood: Rose Breasted Grosbeak.

March 16, 2011 Flag

many birds in a tree

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I looked out the window and saw a flock of birds had landed in a small tree. I had no idea they would blend in with the leaves but I liked the effect.

Photos GardenApril 16, 2014
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Bird Eating from Bird Feeder
Keeping The Ground Under a Bird Feeder Clean
Squirrel Feeder
Making a Squirrel Feeder
Bird Seed
Covering a Bird House With Bird Seed
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 18, 2017 at 10:34:35 AM on 10.0.0.163 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.