Gardening with the Chicken

Photo Description
Early summer 2016. I had just planted my curly kale seedlings and one cheeky nosy chicken hops over to investigate. Looking forward to growing more in 2017.

Photo Location
Wirral, UK

You've got Ma Kettle beat by a country mile.

I love it!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

This looks and sounds funny. But I am English so I haven't clue what it means even though you made me smile :)

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I supposed I could be termed 'Estranged English'. Most of my ancestry is of English descent. There is a borough in London which bears my family name.

And yes, when you were but a twinkle in your father's eye, there was a very popular dance craze to hit England and here across the big pond. That dance bore my family name as well.

And if I'm not mistaken, there was a time when The Arch Bishop of Canterbury made his residence at The House Of -------, which bears my family name (If you guess, don't say it, here).

~

Ma Kettle was a comedy character played by Marjorie Maine (stage name), in the 40s and 50s. She made numerous films. I place her films far above Faulty Towers, but far under Keeping Up Appearances and Waiting For God.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Ha Ha Ha

While verifying my comments, I just learned that survivors permitted Cardinal Pole, (died 1558) , to lay in state at the palace bearing my name, for 40 days after he died there.

How in the world did mourners view the remains? They didn't have gas masks back then.

After 30 days, I doubt there were much remains to be viewed, anyway.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

My parents did that dance x

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Pet chicken in the backyard.
Pet Chickens Information and Photos
Photos GardenDecember 29, 2016
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Small Walled Garden
Gardening in Small Spaces
Two chickens in the backyard garden.
Salmonella Concerns with Backyard Chickens
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 8:51:22 PM on 10.0.1.138 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.