Garlic Butter Recipes

Garlic Butter
Easy and inexpensive to make, garlic butter can be made and kept in the fridge for whenever it's needed. This page contains garlic butter recipes.

Having ready made garlic butter (margarine really) on hand is a staple in our house. It's practical, easy and cheap to make, and can be kept in the fridge for a month or more, ready for whenever it's needed. I've used it to make garlic bread and as an add-in to mashed potatoes or steamed veggies. Once I used it as a rub over a leg of lamb with crushed rosemary mixed in and that was wonderful.

I use Becel margarine, but any kind of margarine will do I suppose, and when the container is 2/3 empty I spoon in a heaping teaspoon of minced garlic and half a teaspoon of dried parsley flakes. Whip it together with a fork and you're done. I put in the parsley to keep it looking different from the regular margarine used for toast, etc.
I don't think garlic and jam would go together too well. LOL I have a piece of masking tape on the top of the lid clearly marked "garlic butter".

Several of my friends have adopted this tip and they too are pleased to use such a simple homemade garlic spread.

Ingredients

• 1 large tub of margarine
  • 1 small jar of minced garlic (found in the Produce section of any supermarket)

Directions

Microwave the margarine until it's soft enough that you can easily stir it with a wooden spoon.

Pour entire contents of garlic into margarine and mix well then place back in refrigerator. Margarine will harden back up and you'll have enough garlic butter easily for a month.

Source: I actually came up with this all by myself.

By Carolee from Madison, AL

Keep on hand for assorted recipes or to use for quick flavoring of veggies, meats, plain pasta, or bread.