Garlic is Poisonous to Cats

I noticed some people giving advice to help manage and rid fleas naturally on their pets and homes. Unfortunately, many mentioned garlic and that it may be okay for dogs. I am not really sure, but garlic is very hazardous to cats. So please take precaution.

By Deedee10 from NY, NY

Answers:

Garlic is Poisonous to Cats

Actually, garlic is dangerous for dogs too! Anything in the Allium family is dangerous to both cats and dogs even if cooked. I know there are companies out there that tout the benefits of garlic for pets, especially for flea control, but even in a healthy pet it can eventually lead to a variety of diseases including liver disease. :-( Thanks for posting your tip! (10/20/2009)

By Deeli

Garlic is Poisonous to Cats

I had no idea. Thank you so much. I have three wonderful little cats and I have seen that info about garlic for fleas. I usually buy flea stuff from the vet so I've never tried it, but I had thought about it for our dog. Glad I didn't try it. (10/20/2009)

By eveh

Garlic is Poisonous to Cats
Garlic Salt
Homemade Garlic Salt Recipes
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
A garter snake in grass.
Getting Rid of Garter Snakes
Close up of Lizard
Treating a Lizard Bite
🎄
🍂