Garlic is Poisonous to Cats

I noticed some people giving advice to help manage and rid fleas naturally on their pets and homes. Unfortunately, many mentioned garlic and that it may be okay for dogs. I am not really sure, but garlic is very hazardous to cats. So please take precaution.

By Deedee10 from NY, NY

Garlic is Poisonous to Cats

Actually, garlic is dangerous for dogs too! Anything in the Allium family is dangerous to both cats and dogs even if cooked. I know there are companies out there that tout the benefits of garlic for pets, especially for flea control, but even in a healthy pet it can eventually lead to a variety of diseases including liver disease. :-( Thanks for posting your tip! (10/20/2009)

By Deeli

Garlic is Poisonous to Cats

I had no idea. Thank you so much. I have three wonderful little cats and I have seen that info about garlic for fleas. I usually buy flea stuff from the vet so I've never tried it, but I had thought about it for our dog. Glad I didn't try it. (10/20/2009)

By eveh

Garlic is Poisonous to Cats
Garlic Salt
Homemade Garlic Salt Recipes
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
A garter snake in grass.
Getting Rid of Garter Snakes
Close up of Lizard
Treating a Lizard Bite