Gentle Facial Scrub

Can anyone recommend a gentle homemade facial scrub for a 55 year old lady with a non-problematic skin? There are so many suggestions in here, I have no idea which is right.

Thanks,
Ya'ara

Answers:

Gentle Facial Scrub

A mixture of sugar and olive oil is very nice. Olive oil is good for skin, not bad. I use it exclusively instead of lotion. (06/29/2006)

By Nicole

Gentle Facial Scrub

Put a small amount of baking soda in your hand and add enough water to make a thin paste. You can also substitute olive oil or any oil you like for the water.

Ronda (06/29/2006)

By austin95mom

Gentle Facial Scrub

As for the baking soda, try this on a small patch of skin first. I am allergic to baking soda and if I put it all over my face, my entire face would itch and burn and start to peel. I love the olive oil though. I heard that olive oil is the reason Sophia Loren has such youthful looking skin for her age. (06/29/2006)

By SusannL

Gentle Facial Scrub

Its not homemade but I use microdere abrasion from www.aloetherapy. It's so cheap and lasts for ages. I'm way past being a senior citizen, but and still takeing good care of my skin and looking good. (06/30/2006)

By jmouse13

Gentle Facial Scrub

I'm 53, and I use plain baking soda. It's gentle and cleans very well.
(07/01/2006)

By lighthouselady

Gentle Facial Scrub

Mashed strawberries are great.

Another is honey and bananas mashed together. It really hydrates the skin. My mom is 54 and I used to make her all sorts of this stuff. Now that I'm in my 30's, I have to be careful, too! (07/02/2006)

By Kahvella

Gentle Facial Scrub

Well, I am 62 so I can give you a really old method. It was the thing to use when I was very, very young. Oatmeal! There were all kinds of oatmeal soaps on the market then. I would think making a soupy solution of water and oatmeal would do it.

Also you could try sugar water. That is "in" now. There are all types of sugar scrubs on the market and very expensive! Why pay for a fragrance you don't need and fancy packaging? (07/09/2006)

By MollieB55

Gentle Facial Scrub

Just simply mix honey and sugar together (and if you like, add a small amount of milk and/or a tiny drop of extra virgin olive oil). This works like a dream, leaving skin touchable soft, smooth and gorgeous. (09/02/2007)

By Anonymous101

Gentle Facial Scrub

Use natural sugar, mixed with lemon juice. Scrub face, rinse with warm water. it's very good and gives your skin a 'warm glow'. (06/18/2008)

Gentle Facial Scrub

Mix natural sugar with lemon juice. Scrub face, then rinse with warm water. (06/18/2008)

By dee

Gentle Facial Scrub
Little Girl using Kleenex Facial Tissues
Saving Money on Facial Tissues
woman with nice skin
Making and Storing Homemade Facial Peels
Woman with facial mask and cukes on eyes.
Homemade Facial Cleanser Recipes
Homemade powered scrub brush.
Making a Powered Scrub Brush
🎄