Gentle Facial Scrub

For a gentle, effective facial scrub, I combine a hypo-allergenic mild skin lotion with a half teaspoon of cornmeal. Add a bit of water, and gently massage your face. Rinse off and you are left with a healthy glow.

By Mrs Dee from Canada

Gentle Facial Scrub

I have been making my own exfoliating scrub for years with the two most inexpensive products on the market, oatmeal and cornmeal.

Method: In small food processor, add 1 cup of oatmeal. Grind till almost a powder. Add 1 heaping tablespoon of cornmeal, and process again for 30 seconds. Pour into clean jar with tight lid (I use a canning jar), and store in your bathroom cabinet. Make small batches at a time to ensure the oat and corn meal are fresh.

Use: For convenience and easy clean up, I use mixture while taking a shower. Pour tablespoon of scrub into small plastic cup (to avoid accident with glass jar). Add small amount of hot water and let sit. Wash face as usual. Pour scrub into hands, mix into paste, and, in gentle circular motion, apply to face and neck (don't forget lips). Rinse thoroughly and apply moisturizer.

According to friends, who have used my scrub, their feedback is: sensitive skin - 2-3 times/week, normal/oily skin - may be used everyday, mature skin - 2-4 times/week.

I have learned from friends in the dermatology field to avoid exfoliating products containing crushed fruit pits, such as peaches, apricots, prunes, etc. as they scratch the skin surface.

I would love to hear your feedback on this scrub. (02/12/2009)

By LuannD

Gentle Facial Scrub

Green Alpha Hydroxy
Sophia Uliano
Author "Gorgeously Green"
Oprah guest

Alpha hydroxy works by exfoliating the skin; that is, causing the surface skin cells to slough off, revealing newer, less damaged skin cells beneath.

1/4 cup each of lemon juice, apple juice, grape juice, and cane sugar

Blend all ingredients in a glass jar, making sure sugar has dissolved. Apply to your face with a cotton ball, and leave on for 10 minutes before rinsing off. The mixture will keep for up to four days in the refrigerator.

By mkymlp

Gentle Facial Scrub
Little Girl using Kleenex Facial Tissues
Saving Money on Facial Tissues
woman with nice skin
Making and Storing Homemade Facial Peels
Woman with facial mask and cukes on eyes.
Homemade Facial Cleanser Recipes
Homemade powered scrub brush.
Making a Powered Scrub Brush