German Shepherd Has a Recurring Yeast Infection

What can I give my German Shepherd to prevent reoccurring yeast infections in his penis area? I have taken him to the vet several times and he was given antibiotics. The vet wants me to start douching him with vinegar and water a couple of times a week. He is a big dog and it is difficult trying to douche him, what can I gave him to take that will help?

By LP

Best Answer

Dont give up...this does work. I have had to do this with my horses, but they didn't seem to care at all, and I was using a garden hose.

Best Answer

Question: has the vet checked to see if your 4-footed baby is either diabetic or hypogycemic (prediabetic)? It's odd he would keep having reoccuring bouts of this if his sugar was balanced. I'd also keep his mouth as clean as possible. While he's washing himself he might be reinfecting himself too. One last thing, besides keeping up with the vinegar, I'd also be sure to feed him yogurt (natural, organic Greek is best-unsweetened, of course!) and give him a daily probiotic suppliment. Once his Ph is balanced and he has more good bacteria than bad, it should end the yeast problems. When giving the yogurt, I'd start with small amounts first and check his stool to be sure his system can tolerate it. I know you're a great puppy-mommy and your baby will be just fine!