Get Rid of Mice Naturally With Peppermint Oil

Is peppermint oil safe around dogs and cats when using it to keep mice away? Are there any other oils that work on mice and are they safe for pets?

By Candy from Masury, OH

Answers:

Have a heart to heart talk with your cats. It is their job to keep the mice away. No peppermint oils should be necessary.

Other posters say it is toxic to cats. I don't know. (09/29/2010)

By louel53

I don't think the peppermint oil is safe for animals. If they leave it alone, it probably wouldn't be a problem, but we had a cat that loved it more than catnip and would tear my purse up to get to my peppermint chewing gum and lip gloss. (10/02/2010)

By lyonpridej

For those that have said it is poisonous to cats. My sister is a vet. She checked all the professional resources and said it is not listed anywhere as being hazardous to cats. We have 3 of them. They do catch the mice, but I don't want to kill the little buggers. I just want them out of my house! We put the oil (from GNC $8) by our boiler where we found the droppings. No mice since. (12/17/2010)

By sillyirish708

Peppermint Oil
Using Peppermint Oil for Mice Control
Peppermint Bark
Peppermint Bark Recipes
Peppermint Oil
Making Peppermint Oil
Peppermint Oil
Buying Peppermint Oil
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
🎉
🎄