Get Your Best-Sellers at the Library

Instead of purchasing that new best-seller, check with your public library and see if you can put your name on the waiting list. Libraries usually get the new books right away -- and "first dibs" go to those on the list! I've read brand-new books for free with little or no wait using this system!

By Becki in Indiana

Get Your Best-Sellers at the Library

I do the same thing! I often check out online bookstores (such as Barnes and Noble or Amazon) to find the new releases or soon to be released books that I'm interested in. Then I go to my local library's web site and see if they're available or on order. If they are, I add my name to the waiting list and wait for the library to call me with the good news that I have a book waiting to be picked up. (06/21/2004)

By Karen in NH

Get Books From The Library
Reference Books
Setting Up A Basic Reference Library
image of library due date card
Remembering to Return Items to the Library
A row of old books.
Getting Rid of Your Old Books
Rows of books in a library
Using Your Public Library