Getting All the Lotion Out of a Bottle

Category Tips
Being able to use the very last of the lotion can be a challenge. This guide is about getting all the lotion out of a bottle.

To get that last bit of lotion (or whatever) out of the bottle, heat one cup of water in a two-cup measuring cup, in the microwave for a minute or two. Then set the almost-empty bottle in the hot water and let it sit for a few minutes.

Swish it around every once in awhile, and pretty soon the lotion will be nice and liquified and easy to pour out. You can pour it into another lotion bottle, or into another smaller container with a top that you can reach the bottom of with your fingers (baby food jars are great for this!). Of course, if you put it into another container, remember to label the container with the contents!

Source: Absolute frustration and unwillingness to throw away several ounces of really good hand lotion.

By Eileen from Elk Grove, CA

Or use a serrated knife to cut the bottle down to the top of the lotion and then just scoop it out

When you can't squeeze any more lotion out of a plastic tube, save what is left inside by cutting the tube so you can dip it out with your finger. I trim the tube so the top will fit over the bottom and this keeps it from drying out. It works great for me.

I have also done this with toothpaste and got an extra 5 days use out of it!

When you get down to that last spurt of lotion that pumps out, don't throw the container away. There is still a lot of good lotion left in the container. Using a case cutter, cut the bottom off and scoop the lotion out into a small container. Continue to use until it is all gone.

Anonymous

This really is the best method, though I tried the suggested solution of warming the bottle in hot water as I thought it would be an easier fix. In the end, though, the super thrifty in me end up getting out the box cutter and scraping out the bottles. Now I know I got my money's worth, down to the last penny.

When my hand and body lotion finishes, and I have pumped until I can't pump no more. I cut the body lotion container in half with a knife. I scoop out the lotion that left over, which is a lot.

I have done this several times for bottles of things I have around the house, when I just can't seem to get the last bit of lotion, shampoo, conditioner, or whatever the case may be out the bottle.

I recently found this little spatula that gets in almost any lotion bottle you can think of. Check the link if you want to buy it. This will get all of the lotion out of the bottle.

Last Drop of Lotion

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 2

When my lotion becomes difficult to pump, I turn the bottle upside down and let it drain for a day or two. I can then run the pump through my fingers and get enough to do my hands again.

I suggest that you collect a random assortment of flip caps. Remove the pump, select a flip cap that fits and prop the bottle upside down to drain. There won't be 1/10th of an ounce wasted.