Getting All the Lotion Out of a Bottle

Being able to use the very last of the lotion can be a challenge. This guide is about getting all the lotion out of a bottle.

August 29, 2011 Flag

To get that last bit of lotion (or whatever) out of the bottle, heat one cup of water in a two-cup measuring cup, in the microwave for a minute or two. Then set the almost-empty bottle in the hot water and let it sit for a few minutes.

Swish it around every once in awhile, and pretty soon the lotion will be nice and liquified and easy to pour out. You can pour it into another lotion bottle, or into another smaller container with a top that you can reach the bottom of with your fingers (baby food jars are great for this!). Of course, if you put it into another container, remember to label the container with the contents!

Source: Absolute frustration and unwillingness to throw away several ounces of really good hand lotion.

By Eileen from Elk Grove, CA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is the only method that really works.

December 5, 2016 Flag

When you get down to that last spurt of lotion that pumps out, don't throw the container away. There is still a lot of good lotion left in the container. Using a case cutter, cut the bottom off and scoop the lotion out into a small container. Continue to use until it is all gone.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This really is the best method, though I tried the suggested solution of warming the bottle in hot water as I thought it would be an easier fix. In the end, though, the super thrifty in me end up getting out the box cutter and scraping out the bottles. Now I know I got my money's worth, down to the last penny.

January 8, 2012 Flag

When my hand and body lotion finishes, and I have pumped until I can't pump no more. I cut the body lotion container in half with a knife. I scoop out the lotion that left over, which is a lot. I put it in a small container (example: empty plastic baby food containar with a lid that I can open easily). I can use the leftover lotion at least for another month.

By moonlight from Westbury, NY

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I love this tip. I'm not skilled enough to use a knife on the lotion bottle. I have to it the wimpy way, but it gets the job done. I have a pretty wide-mouthed jar I use for the lotion leftovers. I take off the pump or lid and turn the bottle upside down over the pretty jar until all falls into the jar. Sometimes it can take a day or two. I also learned the toothpaste trick on this site. I use a binder clip to keep the cut end closed until I use it all. This keeps the toothpaste fresh so it doesn't dry out. You're so right, it is amazing how much lotion and toothpaste are left after you can't get anymore from the opening.

January 22, 2016 Flag

I recently found this little spatula that gets in almost any lotion bottle you can think of. Check the link if you want to buy it. This will get all of the lotion out of the bottle.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 20, 2012 Flag

I have done this several times for bottles of things I have around the house, when I just can't seem to get the last bit of lotion, shampoo, conditioner, or whatever the case may be out the bottle.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 24, 2015 Flag

Last Drop of Lotion

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When my lotion becomes difficult to pump, I turn the bottle upside down and let it drain for a day or two. I can then run the pump through my fingers and get enough to do my hands again.

June 25, 2015 Flag

I suggest that you collect a random assortment of flip caps. Remove the pump, select a flip cap that fits and prop the bottle upside down to drain. There won't be 1/10th of an ounce wasted.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Better Living Frugal Living TipsFebruary 12, 2013
Felt covered bottle cap becomes Easter bonnet.
Craft Uses for Plastic Bottle Caps
Shaving Supplies
Homemade Aftershave Lotion
Skin Lotion
Finding Water Based Skin Lotion
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 18, 2017 at 3:21:16 PM on 10.0.0.230 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.