Getting Better Mileage

Does anyone have any ideas the best ways to get better mileage on my car? Gas prices are killing me. - Aggie

Answers:

Getting Better Mileage

Don't turn on your A/C but use your outside air. You also save gas if you stay in the low miles per hour when driving. When you take off do not do the jack rabbit start but go off slow and easy. How really to save gas is to car pool, take a bus or other public service or ride a bike. All the above will help you improve your gas mileage in your car.- Richard, State of Florida. (05/31/2001)

By ThriftyFun

Getting Better Mileage

With soaring gas prices, this is a great resource. Just type in your zip code and find the gas stations with the cheapest prices. - Carolyn (05/31/2001)

By ThriftyFun

Getting Better Mileage

Keep your car tuned up for best performance, organize your trips to accomplish other things along the way and know where the cheaper gas stations are usually off the main roads. (05/31/2001)

By sydfred

Getting Better Mileage

Gas prices continue to be high, so here are a few more tips on getting better mileage.

Make sure your tires are not under-inflated. Some people like to slightly under-inflate; they feel that it makes the tread last longer. But under-inflated tires make more contact with the road, producing more friction, which takes a bit away from mileage.

Keep your car cleaned out. If you haul around stuff you don't need, it makes your car heavier. It has been pointed out that jack-rabbit starts rob you of good mileage. The same is true of abrupt stops. I start slowing a good bit before I need to turn, and the moment I see a red or yellow traffic light ahead. I start by easing off the gas pedal, and I then just tap the brake pedal. I ease gradually to a stop or to a speed low enough for my turn.

Don't speed. 55 saves lives, as the public service announcement said, and it also saves gas. - Rose B, mother of three, in NC(08/27/2001)

Getting Better Mileage

Maybe I can help. I have 15 years in the energy saving industry. For eight years being the CEO of Better Covers of Bristol. Since coming here to Texas I have taken an agency distributorship with EnergyCel. I love the product because its so simple and works in reducing fuel use by up to and above 30%. Lower emissions and many other great advantages. Have a look at the Web page http://www.myenergycel.com Or send me an E.mail dragonsnest (at) wt (dot) net Best wishes Roy. (10/19/2004)

By Poy

Getting Better Mileage

Check out this site www.myenergycel.com/1900

Increases MPG, HP & Torque and reduces emissions. Works on any vehicle. Email: energyceltm@msn.com (04/13/2005)

By Bill

Getting Better Mileage

Acetone! look it up. (11/15/2007)

Getting Better Mileage
A woman altering a blouse.
Making a Blouse Fit Better
smiley faces drawn on toes.
Putting Yourself in a Better Mood
chocolate cake
Better Than Anything (Sex) Cake Recipes
Gas Gauge
Improving Gas Mileage
🎄