Getting Bitten By Unseen Bugs

I stay at my boyfriend's house on the weekends and I can't go a single night without getting bit. My boyfriend never gets bit. This has been going on for a few months now. I thought it was fleas because his mom has 3 dogs that aren't properly bathed or groomed, but the dogs are downstairs and do not go upstairs, where his room is.

Some nights aren't bad, but some nights, like tonight, are really bad and I get bit 15+ times and can't sleep because I'm constantly scratching.

We have done several things to try and get rid of the bugs. We've done DIY flea traps (never caught anything), we've used flea and other bugs powder for the carpets, we've put baking soda all in the carpet (another thing I read online that works better than flea powder), we've sprayed the room, washed all blankets and pillow cases, vacuumed, vacuumed, and vacuumed again, and we're about to do it all over again with washing everything vacuuming and spraying the room.

There's no way it's bed bugs. We have taken flashlights and searched all over the room, edges of carpet, the bed, everything. We've searched many times and have never seen a single bug. My boyfriend also has an air mattress, not a normal one. There are no bugs whatsoever on or in his mattress. It has to be the carpet.

I'm the only one getting bitten and it's driving me crazy. I barely get any sleep at night and my boyfriend has to listen to me complain about these phantom bugs. It's putting a strain in our relationship. I want these bugs evicted, but we can't even figure out what they are. We're trying and it's really hard.

We've ruled out bed bugs, mosquitos, and spiders. There's no way I could get bit for months and never seen a web, a bed bug, or a mosquito flying around.

Also, it's only when I'm sleeping. We can lay on the bed and watch TV and never get bit. But the second I fall asleep I'm getting bit. We also work late nights and sleep all morning, some afternoons so it's not like these bugs are nocturnal, unless they're also on our sleep schedule.

Please help me try to figure out what's biting me, and what I can do about it. These bugs constantly have me in tears from sleepless nights. I'm going crazy. Nothing is working.
Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

You may indeed have a flea problem even if the dogs do not visit the bedroom. Fleas and flea eggs can travel via your boyfriend, you and anyone else who enters the room, however quickly and at any time, day or nite. My husband, an entomologist, is not bothered by fleas, but I attract them like bees to flowers. The information below will help you understand what is happening.

Flea eggs do not stay on your pet, they quickly drop or roll off as they do not stick to anything. The fleas you find in your house hatched from the flea eggs that fell off of your pet or fell off of you and other people. Flea eggs are tiny and opaque white or almost colorless. The fleas you may see on your cat or dog are immature fleas from eggs on the floor or outside that hatched into fleas and jumped back onto your dog. You will also see (many!) small black dots on your dog but these are only flea feces.

The flea eggs in your home and outside are the real problem. Just one female flea can produce 40-50 eggs per day. The eggs fall off into your house and outside so, either way, your dog or cat will then again attract the immature and adult fleas both inside and outside which are the children from flea parents that may still be living on your cat or dog or you.

Any dish detergent bath may wash away or possibly kill some fleas on your pet, however, not all fleas are killed. In a bath many migrate up to the head and ear area and then, once the bath is over, travel back to their favorite spots, usually on the back. If you use dish detergent, you can seriously dry the animals skin and may cause skin rashes, an allergic reaction, etc., and you are not addressing the real problem. The thousands of flea eggs that exist all the time in your house and outside hatch and then jump back onto your dog or cat (and you!). So, you and your pets are locked into the everlasting cycle in the life of fleas.

A search online for how to kill fleas brings up many ideas for bathing, applying natural and awful sprays, etc., but these only address the fleas on your pet. Rarely do they address the bigger problem as a whole. You can check this site for answers that address your pet, your home and the outside. As you will see, flea prevention is a much larger problem than just giving your dog a bath.

The only way you will become flea free is to treat the dogs with flea killers. This will take time for the flea treatments to work and money for the medications. I strongly suggest having the dogs checked for fleas and any other medical problems and then treat the dogs with prescription medication. Over the counter flea products are not strong enough to deal with the uncontrolled flea infestation in the house.

Good Luck!

I am having the same exact problem at my boyfriends house but there is no pets at all but I continue to get bit and a lot and he's not getting touched at all I can't sleep because I'm up scratching or rubbing myself down with alcohol this just happened again over the weekend I'm thinking since he moved from the place he was at it would stop but no it seems to be worse I am bit up now I can't keep going over there and this keeps happening my self esteem is already bad and this doesn't help there are no sightings of visible bugs but we see the bites once I've been bitten please help me

I would assume that it's bedbugs, as much as no one wants to hear it. They hide so well that a professional would have to go looking. I had a similar problem in which my bf at the time wouldn't get any bites but I always did. We never saw any, but the red bites on my skin was proof of them. I would suggest bombing the room, spraying the corners and crevices through the room, washing all clothes and fabric material in HOT water. A secret I heard that a lot of hotels do, they spray ammonia to keep them away, but that does not get rid of them. They travel easily on your clothes or in your bag. You won't see a sign of them until you get an infestation. That's when he finally realized there was an issue, because the marks all over my body obviously meant nothing (yes, that was sarcasm). Good luck.

I have the same problem of getting bit especially when I fall asleep.they wake me up by thier bites and I feel them crawling. In my hair..no it's not fleas..everyone would be getting bit..these bugs pick on certain people.my husband or son does not get bit..however my 2 year old grandson does..I do not let him come over I go to his house because I know how bad these bites can get. I sleep in a recliner now because I can't sleep in my own bed..I spray my chair with a mixture of Listerine original. Andwitch hazel and 10 drops of peppermint in a quart plastic bottle.I hav tried everything else .even exterminated who has been here 3 times..one told me they are no see um s..don't know..I have caught them and put them on tape.never seen anything like them before.I have to clean my chair every two hours.I feel underneath me and I can feel alot under me so hav to do the process all over..but better than doing nothing .

Best Answer

I recommend Ivermectin for mites. I believe you can get it in pill form for human use, but they make a gel for horses that is much cheaper and still safe for people to use. My family got it for $3 on Amazon ("Apple flavor" but tastes nasty). My mom and I were both being bitten all over during the day and even more at night. I couldn't see the bugs, but my mom was finding tiny white dots that would bite and then jump off. The Ivermectin helped a lot. We also put all of our furniture, clothes, mattresses, and bedding outside in the Texas summer sun under plastic sheeting, used diatomaceous earth, sprayed everything regularly with rubbing alcohol, including ourselves, kept floors clean and vaccumed, cleaned out gutters, sprayed the yard, and treated our dogs with sulfur and flea collars. After 2 months of all of this the bugs were gone.

I have no personal experience with bedbugs, but from what you describe, that is what it sounds like. I believe they like some people better than others, or others are not bothered by them. Perhaps you should see a doctor, if there are bite marks or bumps or scabs. Perhaps you are allergic to something, and not bites at all, or you have a severe allergic reaction to these mysterious insects. I also have never had a flea problem, so Diana's advice on that is the one to take if you think that might be it. Spiders, in my experience, only bite once or twice. Mosquitoes don't bite under the covers; nor do any other flies or noseeums or anything like that.

good luck!!

Hi, It sounds like you've tried almost everything. Another thing that might work is diatomaceous earth. It is supposed to kill fleas http://www.theb  ous-earth-fleas/

and bed bugs. How about flea treatment on the animals? I use Revolution on our cat. It kills and prevents fleas,kills mites, prevents heartworm, etc. I get mine from Petshed online and since they are in Australia, you don't need a prescription and it is much much cheaper than at the vets. If these don't work, then I would think it was time to call the professionals. Doctor and then exterminator.

Good Luck!

Hi, It sounds like you've tried just about everything. Another thing I have heard about that works is diatomaceous earth. It is supposed to kill fleas http://www.theb  ous-earth-fleas/ and bedbugs. What about flea treatment on the animals? I use Revolution on my cat. It kills and prevents fleas and mites (even ear mites) and prevents heart worm. I get mine online at Petshed. They are in Australia, so you don't need a prescription and it is much much cheaper than at the vet's office. If these don't work, maybe it is time to see the professionals--first the doc, then the exterminator. I hope this helps.

Good luck!

To all that are experiencing sensation of being bitten by invisible bugs, did you have your house exterminated before the attack? If so, you may be having an allergic reaction to the chemical that was sprayed. Being exposed to pesticide for some people have symptoms of hullucination, itching and sensations of being bitten by bugs. My advice to you is to see a toxicologist soon.

No there r invisible but not completely invisible there r gnats that bite

Oh my gosh this is 100 percent the same for us. But the thing is its my baby boy getting bit. It started when he was 7 months old and he's now almost 2! He's crying in the middle of the night constantly scratching. I feel so bad but nothing has worked! We've seen 5 different doctors and we got 5 absolutely different diagnosis on what biting or causing all the bumps and scratching! So frustrating.like heart wrenching frustration from going over a million different possibilities and none of them being right. I hope you get an answer and will give me an answer too.

Dont know the answer bur to get rid of flies in the house sprinkel some table salt on the floors leave it over night then vaccim up

Hi guys...look up birdmite.org. If he can tolerate vix,put it on his body and pjs. The eucalyptus repels them. Dawn soap sprayed on walls,blankets and floor is used to smother them,as will bb powder. If you use a bowl of water with a light over it, at bed,you can collect them as a sample to show your local extension service.once you have that,the doctors should help. You should use a jar or bb bottle with some rubbing alcohol and the water from the bowl and unseen bugs. Good luck!!!!!!

Take a hair dryer on high and go around bed at night the heat brings our bed bugs or whearever is biting you dont burn it just heat it up

Oh my gosh!!! I literally have the same problem in the same situation! I don't live with my boyfriend but he recently moved into a new house about 3 months ago and the first month I didn't feel anything.. It seemed like when he moved his bed I did. But he doesn't get bit either!! And he probably thinks I'm crazy because I'm the only one getting bit.

I'm sorry I can't tell you what it is because I have no idea but I'm going through the same thing. I would go to a dermatologist. He told me they look like hives from something biting me but I might go back to get tests done if this persists.

My bites look like tiny mosquito bites . Most of the are red welts but some of them are smaller. Like after one night I went to work and later that day I noticed them all over my feet, hands, lower legs and upper arms. Even one of my forehead and waist. I literally have no idea what it is and he's getting really frustrated with me because he isn't getting bitten. But it is so itchy!!

Maybe we are allergic to something? I also have looked up that it could possibly be mold spores? But it sounds a little different then what this is because I don't see any dust or flying invisible bugs.

I hope you get it figured out and if you do please let me know!!

I woke up at 5am itching myself and had to drive home from my boyfriends and now I'm laying in bed googling the crap out of whatever this is...

Good luck :(

Hey!! Okay so they're bed bugs! If you haven't gotten rid of them already that's definitely what they are if you're having the same thing as me. My boyfriend just found a few underneath his bed springs. So double check. He has rips in bed and it's pretty old and worn out so they are in his bed.

This bugs are bird mites. Don't belive what an etymological or bird specialist tell you. Bird mites feed off of humans. They get into your clothes, msttress, house, and car. You can feel them on you, but can't see anything. They r real, they attack mostly at nite. Sleep with the lights on, it helps some. They get in your hair, ears, nose and every part of your body. You can see them, but you can feel them she they move. Real carsystem right! You can sleep next to another person and they won't bother them. It's your blood type, I believe .

To to rid of them, it takes time and money. You have to stay away from sweets and drink plenty of water. Once your house is in rested you have to move . People will tell you they can get rid iof them, but don't spend the thou sands they want to charge. Doctors and dermatologist don't know anything about this. They will tell you that it's anxiety or your imagination. Don't listen to them, bus they don't know. Nobody does or understands this unless they experience it.

I CAN HELP YOU GET SOME RESTANDROID find relief. But right now I'm falling to sleep, it's late. Email me if you want more info at purtravel@aol.Com too tired to go on.

Hi use( sea water ) and spary all over your body it will only give u relive but its good !! And safe don't spary eyes or drink..... just for outside the body and bedding , u can go to stopskinmites.com she helps people heal yet she wants a fee to help... my is free listen the answer will come for more and more people are affected

The problem you're facing is almost certainly no-see-ums. I have faced that same problem not long ago when I was waking up with these itching, red welts, which were never there the day before. Literally dozens upon dozens of them crowding my legs as if I walked through a room packed with mosquitos.

The reason you can't find them is in fact why they are called "no-see-ums". They are incredibly tiny, less than 1/16 of an inch long, but you definitely feel-um when it comes to their bites. Like mosquitoes they are attracted to warm blooded mammals and tend to bite sleeping or otherwise inactive organisms.

One of the best ways to get them to stop attacking you is to lower the temperature in the house, around 60-62 degrees at least. This puts them in a dormant state, and meanwhile you can remove them by filling several bowls with oil (most vegetable or canola oil should work) and placing them around the house. They are really attracted to them, and can't get out once they go in!

I have had this sort of problem for about 1 year. Dealt with people, including my husband saying there is nothing there. I show them bites and they say it could be any number of things. I have tried a ton of different stuff to rid my house of what ever this is. What seems to finally be working on the buggers is Cedarwood Oil. Look for products with it. Wondercide indoor pest control. It seems to be working. Good Luck. It is a nightmare but don't give up.

Use a steamer and steam the whole bed I mean every inch of the bed everything

You are being bitten by no see ums, the nastiest, most miserable tiny, invisible flying creature around. They leave welts that lass for 2 weeks. We had to put special screens up.

How do you get rid of these?!

It can be one or Two things

Fleas most likely

Or very young (tiny white bed bugs ) but your bite pattern looked more like Fleas,

(Raid ) Flea fogger in the Purple, Can

Or (Demiatus Earth)

Do yourself a favor and buy Kwan Loon from either Amazon or anyplace that sells Chinese Medicine.. Just trust me on this.. It's an oil that you put on your skin.. Smells Minty at first and very cooling on your skin almost like icy hot but that will subside after 5-10 minutes and same with the smell and this will keep all bugs off you for a while.. Trust me! I was introduced to it on a trip to the Philippines when we were island hoping on a sail boat for 6 nights sleeping where mosquitos had nothing as succulent as you to feast on for a while and it worked wonders.. Not one bite.. And I could see them flying around me everywhere but nothing! Thank me later and just trust me!

Does this work on the the bugs you can't see as well

I've recently moved into a little beach house. I am close to anal about cleaning and keeping things in their place. Been here three months and have been acosted the last month by invisible biters that welt up and itch for days. Like mosquitoes, but not mosquitoes. I find dark, small, dirt like dander all the time.usually around doors and Windows, but as much as I clean, wash and launder, two minutes later I see the dander. I'm so frustrated. But to digress, I have a tea tree mint shampoo/conditioner that sometimes keeps the bites down.

It is,being caused by microscopic skin mites. Doctors evidently don't know much about them. They cause broilers to people who have an allergic response to their allergen. I only started having trouble with them this summer. They bother you most where they can find human cells to eat and leave the allergen behind. Washing & covering everything in plastic bedding covers helps. I'm thinking of 3-4 sets of sheets so always sleeping on clean linen. I hope someone finds a better way to kill these mites

Bug Bites
Getting Rid of Invisible Biting Bugs
Home and Garden Pest ControlSeptember 14, 2015
yellow fly or deer fly
Getting Rid of Deer Flies (Yellow Flies)
Pill Bugs
Getting Rid of Pill Bugs
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 26, 2017 at 8:17:54 AM on 10.0.1.58 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.