Getting Bleach out of Colored Clothes

I got some bleach on my new green sweatshirt. Can I get it out? The color would be hard to match.

Getting Bleach out of Colored Clothes

Meridith, you can't "remove " bleach. Bleach IS a remover! It takes color totally out and the only way you can get it back is to dye the item. Sort of hard to do with a stripped shirt. Maybe you can start using Oxi-Clean instead of bleach. It's powdered and not as likely to spill everywhere. (03/17/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Getting Bleach out of Colored Clothes

Depending on the size of the spot, you could put an iron-on applique over it. I agree that it is hard to restore color that is bleached out. Fabric paint markers might do the trick. Protect the inside of the shirt when using and iron to fix. Do not wash for at least 72 hours. (03/19/2009)

By thriftmeg

Cheap Bleach Alternative

Sorry about the sweater. Try using baking soda instead of bleach. I switched about a year ago and I LOVE the difference. I buy a 12 lb. sack from Sam's Club for only $5 and it usually lasts about 3 weeks - 1 month (using 1/2 laundry cup full with each load). My clothes last MUCH longer and I never have to worry about the bleach spots. Great on odors too! (03/19/2009)

By zzlking

Bleach Stains on Red Shirt
Removing Bleach Stains From Clothing
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Bleach Stains On Red T-Shirt
Preventing Bleach Stains on Clothing
Bleach Stains On Red T-Shirt
Preventing Bleach Stains On Clothing
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub