Getting Cigarette Smell out of Books

Cigarette smoke in books? Here's what I do to get rid of it. I take a large ziplock and depending on the severity and size of the books maybe 4 or 5 dryer sheets. I put some of the dryer sheets inside the books in various pages and two just inside the ziplock. Put the book in with the dryer sheets and seal. I check on the book once a week to see if the smoke smell is gone. I leave some of the sheets in the book so it stays dryer fresh.

By debradj from Illinois

Getting Cigarette Smell out of Books

Dyer sheets worked really well. I received a book from an eBay bid and it had a very musty smell. In a matter of two weeks, the smell was gone forever. (06/04/2008)

By Kathy

Getting Cigarette Smell out of Books

Thanks so much! I have been plagued with this smoke and must problem in books for the longest time and was hoping, other than putting them out in the sun or fresh air that there might be another way to manage this issue. So I am going to give it a try and am hoping for the best. I am a huge book collector too! (06/17/2008)

By Penny Foss

Getting Cigarette Smell Out of Books. A pile of old books.
Getting Cigarette Smell Out of Books
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
Removing Skunk Smell from Books