Getting Crayon Out of Clothes That Have Been Washed

I washed and dried a load of clothes only to find crayon spots all over the load when I took them out of the dryer. I have tried the suggestion of laundry detergent, Shout, vinegar, and Oxyclean.

However I had to soak the clothes in the sink because I have an HE washer that showers the clothes. The clothes do not get to wash in the solution. Could this be the reason the solution is not working as well as others have experienced? Anyone have any other suggestions?

Wendy from Portsmouth, VA

Answers:

Yes, GoJo or any waterless hand cleaner will get it out. Leave a glob of it on the stain (rub lightly), and leave it to soak overnight. It really works! My daughter left a red crayon in the white wash, it was an awful mess. But the GoJo really worked. Good luck. (01/22/2008)

By moicarol

Well, I am going through the same problem. I have washed and dried the crayons, it is a huge mess now. Not only do I have a mess of school clothes, I have a dryer that has melted crayon on it. Goo Gone I am using, but the clothes are spotted. Any more suggestions? (04/07/2008)

By Doreen

Has anyone removed dried, melted crayons from polyester polos? They are the ones with the breathable fabric.
(07/15/2008)

By Elvia

My wonderful little munchkin left 4 or 5 crayons in his pockets and without checking the pockets, I washed and dried a whole load and now they're covered in colorful crayon. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please. (10/22/2008)

By Becky

I washed my grandson's jacket and when I took it out of the dryer I put my hand into the pocket, and there was a red crayon that melted. I was going to throw it out but I decided to look online. So what do I do to get the crayon and the stain out of the pocket? Is this jacket ruined? Thanks (12/05/2008)

By Kathy

Removing Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes, Man removing clothes from the dryer.
Cleaning Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Primary Colored Shirts on Clothesline
Making a Clothesline
Girl drawing with crayons on microfiber.
Removing Crayon From Microfiber
Picture of crayon stains on a dryer door.
Cleaning Crayon Out of a Dryer
🎄