Getting Dough to Rise

An important step in baking breads, rolls, and other recipes using yeast dough, it letting the dough rise. This is a guide about getting dough to rise.

Rising Dough
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Yeast needs warmth to grow. When baking yeast breads, begin with a warm (not hot) loaf pan. Before putting in the dough, either set the pan in the sun, place it on range with oven on "warm" underneath, or run hot water over the pan until it is warm to the touch, then dry the pan.

This will prevent the yeast from stalling the rising process.

By judijo19 from Southern California

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Where do you put frozen bread at to rise? Last time, I cracked the oven door and sat the rising bread on the stove top with a big towel over it and it did its rising very well. The bad thing is when I moved it from the stove top to inside the oven, all of the bread fell, and cooked hard as a rock. So I was wondering where ya'll put your bread at to rise.

Thanks!
Suzi from Central TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I put mine in my car and park in the sun! It always works.

Read More Answers...

I needed a quick way to get my dough to rise and I thought why not use a heating pad? I plugged it in, turned it on and checked to make sure it was not too hot. Make sure you cover the dough with either a damp towel or Saran Wrap. It only took about 30 minutes for regular yeast, that is the only way I do it now.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can put dough on top of the TV to help it rise. If the TV has been on for a while it is an effective heat source.

By TF

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingApril 24, 2013
    A yeast free cheese pizza.
    No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
    Man Kneading Pizza Dough
    Freezing Pizza Dough
    Rollong pin on round of pizza dough.
    Biscuit Pizza Dough Recipes
    A woman kneading pizza dough.
    Homemade Pizza Dough Recipes
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 1, 2016 at 2:31:59 AM on 10.0.1.132 in 390 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.