Browsing: Getting Financial Assistance for Roof Repairs

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Getting Financial Assistance for Roof Repairs

When your roof is starting to fail it is important to get it fixed as soon as possible. This guide is about getting financial assistance for roof repairs.

A man with a nail gun performing roof repairs.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

May 24, 2016 Flag

I need help, including donated materials and a licensed company, to help bring my roof up to city codes. I do not have the money to pay for this work. Is there any way that I can get the help that I need?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I lost my job just 6/3/2016. I am unemployed now and have a leaking roof

Is their help for me and my family?

Read More Answers...

July 12, 2016 Flag

How can I receive help with the repairing of my roof? I need a donation of materials and a licensed contractor to do the repair. I do not have the money to pay for the work. I'm willing to set up some kind of payment plan. Is there any way I can get the help I need? I have less than 3 weeks to have it repaired. Thank you.

I have no income. Senior citizen need help putting roof on my house and need other work too. Husband is disable too. Who can i turn too for help in birmingham al.

Read More Answers...

July 6, 2016 Flag

I live in Illinois and am unemployed. I have been experiencing leaking issues with my roof. It's so bad it's raining in my dining room. I can't find any programs or funding programs. I need suggestions for help in the suburban area of Illinois.

It is very difficult to be unemployed and need help for home repairs! Try this federal government site for possible help:

https://www.disability.gov/resource ... for-low-income-families-individuals/

Also try an online search for "home repair low income family".

Good Luck!

February 20, 2014 Flag

My wife and I are 72 years old. We live on SS with no other income. Our roof is 31 years old and needs to be replaced. We cannot afford to pay for a new roof because we live month to month with what we both receive from SS to pay for all our bills. Is there somebody that could help us out?

By Bob W.

Best Answer

Hello - probably most of the people reading Thrifty has some of the same problems you are having (need versus not enough money) so all anyone can do is offer places for you to ask for help.

We have no idea where you are located (what country?) but the advice may be the same. Check local churches, local charities, etc. for addresses of where to go and who to see.

Many people in Florida still have tarps on their roofs from hurricane damages that happened years ago.

Read More Answers...

September 1, 2011 Flag

My mother needs her roof repaired, and has no money to fix it. Can someone help with this for free? She is 86 years old and lives on a fixed income. I live in California and can't help her. She is strong and will need to stay in her home for some years.

By Lydia

If your family has a service member or had one that has since passed. You may try to contact your local Veterans of Foreign Wars. They may able to help or have someone there who can do it at a low cost. I know one church here in Missouri helped with one for a senior.

Good luck.

Read More Answers...

May 7, 2016 Flag

Are there grants for roof repairs for the elderly living in Lithonia, Georgia?

Try this site for possible help:

SENIORS-National Council On Aging (NCOA)

The National Counseling On Aging has a free resource site:

www.BenefitsCheckUp.org

This site is a confidential and free and easy resource service to help people 55 years and older locate and apply for benefits. There are numerous financial assistance programs, both public and private, that can help struggling Seniors trying to make ends meet. The site has information on more than 2000 programs. Many are available to anyone in need who qualify, while others are available only to older adults and can help them retain their independence.

Benefit Types

Food Assistance, Health Care, Prescription Drugs, Utility Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), low income housing, tax relief, respite care, free legal assistance and many other benefit programs are available.

To use the site, you enter basic information about the person in need-date of birth, zip code, and check boxes for what the person needs assistance with. The site generates a report instantly, listing links to the programs and services that the person may qualify for.

Some assistance programs can be applied for online while other have downloadable form to be printed and mailed, faxed or emailed in, and some require you to contact the program directly.

Benefits Enrollment Center

It is also possible to get help in person at a Benefits Enrollment Center. There are currently 36 centers in 24 states and 12 more will be added in 2016. Visit the online site for locations:

www.NCOA.org/centerforbenefits/becs

April 27, 2016 Flag

I live in Gallup New Mexico. I have guardianship of 3 kids and a single uncle. My roof has been leaking and I need help. We are on a very fixed income. We are looking for a new roof, but can't find the money for it. Is there any agency out there that would help? Thanks.

Finding home repair help can be difficult! A very easy online search for "low income home repair new mexico" produced many replies. You can try a search yourself and this US Department of Housing, etc., site to start. The people there will try to help you or suggest other resources.

http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD ... new_mexico/homeownership/homerepairs

January 25, 2016 Flag

I'm in dire need of a roof and can't get a loan. I'm the only income in my home and make under 30,000 a year. Community assistance is overwhelmed with people needing assistance. Does anyone have suggestions for me? I live in Alabama. I'm really stressed and can't get help from anywhere.

Call your township and ask for help some have contractors that you can call who will give you a discounted rate. If all else fails start getting figures on patching the roof. My township has a program that will loan you the money to put a new roof on and you don't have to payback the money unless you sell your house but that's for seniors only. I live in Illinois.

Read More Answers...

November 14, 2014 Flag

My neighbor who is 93 years of age has a house that is also 93 years of age. It does not show a lot of damage to the home, still she does need some repairs. Also she really needs a roof put on. Without that roof she can lose her home insurance within three months. Once meeting her you wouldn't think that she is 93. She is very sweet. How can I find her some help?

By Nancy I. from Augusta, GA

You could check with the welfare office in your area. I'm not sure what it is called, but they must know of a program that would help.

Read More Answers...

September 20, 2015 Flag

Is there anywhere besides the city roofing program seniors can get free help?

You can try this agency for possible help-scroll down to your state for the correct agency.

http://www.eldercaredirectory.org/state-resources.htm

February 20, 2015 Flag

I am 80 years and low income and have wind and hail damage on my roof. The house was built in 1995 and has not been re-roofed. My insurance wants a $5,000 deductible, which I do not have. I live in Stockton, Missouri. Is there any help for me?

By Nancy

http://www.rd.usda.gov/programs-ser ... amily-housing-repair-loans-grants/mo

State Office

601 Business Loop 70 West

Parkade Center, Suite 235

Columbia, MO 65203

Phone: (573) 876-0976

FAX: (855) 830-0685

TDD: (573) 876-9480

What does this program do?

Provides loans to very-low-income homeowners to repair, improve or modernize their homes or grants to elderly very-low-income homeowners to remove health and safety hazards.

How may funds be used?

Loans may be used to repair, improve or modernize homes or remove health and safety hazards

Grants must be used to remove health and safety hazards

What are the terms of the loan or grant?

Loans can be repaid over 20 years

Loan interest rate is fixed at 1%

Full title service is required for loans of $7,500 or more

Grants have a lifetime limit of $7,500

Grants must be repaid if the property is sold in less than 3 years

If applicants can repay part, but not all of the costs, applicants may be offered a loan and grant combination

Even if they can't help you, they might be able to connect you with someone who can.

Read More Answers...

August 4, 2015 Flag

I live in South Carolina. How do I go about getting my roof fixed? It's a family house owned by my uncle. He receives disability and so do I. Is there anyone in the Horry county area that could help us?

Your uncle can try:

Scroll down to your state.

July 21, 2015 Flag

My roof is leaking badly. I am so deep in debt that I can't buy roofing materials. My husband can do the work, but I need to know if anyone knows of an organization or something that can help me get the materials to do it with? I live in Clinton, Oklahoma. Thanks in advance.

Check in your area and see if Habitat for Humanity has a store reasonably close to you. I don't know what the stores would be called, but they sell a lot of donated items for a real reasonable price. Also if you belong to a church talk to the pastor and maybe they will take up a special offering to help you with the materials or maybe even a member of the congregation can donate the materials.

May 26, 2015 Flag

I'm looking for a grant to fix my 40 year old roof. This past winter it was leaking in 4 different places. I'm 66yrs old, on Social Security, and can not afford to pay for a roof and ceiling fixtures. Where I can get some help? Please!

You can try this site for help in your state.

Load More
                      Home and Garden Home Improvement RoofJuly 28, 2013
                      Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
                      Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
                      Selecting a Broker or Financial Planner, Happy Couple Talking With Financial Consultant
                      Selecting a Broker or Financial Planner
                      Removing Moss from a Roof, Cleaning Moss off Roof
                      Removing Moss from a Roof
                      A dirty roof that has been partially cleaned.
                      Saving Money on Roof Cleaning
                      © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 25, 2016 at 4:06:22 PM on 10.0.0.182 in 385 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.