Browsing: Getting Financial Assistance for Roof Repairs

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Getting Financial Assistance for Roof Repairs

When your roof is starting to fail it is important to get it fixed as soon as possible. This guide is about getting financial assistance for roof repairs.

A man with a nail gun performing roof repairs.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

June 10, 2016 Flag

I need a new roof, but I can't afford one. Is there any agency where I can get some help?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a COMDEMED sign on my house because of the roof my husband and I are both retired we have no money. We don't qualify for any programs. The city wants to throw us out of our home and we have no were to go. I don't know if anyone can help us I'm just trying what I see

Read More Answers...

May 24, 2016 Flag

I need help, including donated materials and a licensed company, to help bring my roof up to city codes. I do not have the money to pay for this work. Is there any way that I can get the help that I need?

I lost my job just 6/3/2016. I am unemployed now and have a leaking roof

Is their help for me and my family?

Read More Answers...

August 2, 2016 Flag

I am in desperate need of a new roof, but I do not have the money. I have tried to get a loan, but my credit is not too good. I am a single mother. Can someone tell me where I can find help?

There are programs that provide assistance via grants for home repair, however, the process to apply for specific programs takes time and patience. The site below explains some programs and and provides information on how to apply for assistance:

http://www.geeksonhome.com/about_52 ... e-improvement-grants-low-income.html

Good Luck!

July 12, 2016 Flag

How can I receive help with the repairing of my roof? I need a donation of materials and a licensed contractor to do the repair. I do not have the money to pay for the work. I'm willing to set up some kind of payment plan. Is there any way I can get the help I need? I have less than 3 weeks to have it repaired. Thank you.

I have no income. Senior citizen need help putting roof on my house and need other work too. Husband is disable too. Who can i turn too for help in birmingham al.

Read More Answers...

August 11, 2016 Flag

I am 51. My roof is falling in and has mold on the outside. My ceilings are also falling in on the inside of my house from the roof leaking. Now I have black mold growing in my installation. I do not have the money to fix this; I live on 735 dollars a month. I cannot get a loan because the house is in such bad shape, and also my credit rating is not good. falling ceiling

I have my daughter living with me and we are staying sick all the time from the mold and it is getting worse by the day. Is there anywhere that I can get help to repair this? I do not have the money to pay for these repairs.

Roof Repair for Low Income Homeowners

July 6, 2016 Flag

I live in Illinois and am unemployed. I have been experiencing leaking issues with my roof. It's so bad it's raining in my dining room. I can't find any programs or funding programs. I need suggestions for help in the suburban area of Illinois.

It is very difficult to be unemployed and need help for home repairs! Try this federal government site for possible help:

https://www.disability.gov/resource ... for-low-income-families-individuals/

Also try an online search for "home repair low income family".

Good Luck!

February 1, 2014 Flag

Is there any one or place we can go to get help replacing our roof? We have very low income and my son has medical problems. We have no money to get it done.

By Tracy

Best Answer

I live in York County, PA and have the same problem. I found out that the York County planning commission has a program for people in our situation. It takes several steps in the process but if it works out it is worth it. It is basically a no interest loan that only comes due if you sell the house. They also provide the contractors. There is an option to use your own but they will have to bid with the others to qualify. Hope this helps! Google stuff in your area for your county's planning commission.

Read More Answers...

May 7, 2016 Flag

Are there grants for roof repairs for the elderly living in Lithonia, Georgia?

Try this site for possible help:

SENIORS-National Council On Aging (NCOA)

The National Counseling On Aging has a free resource site:

www.BenefitsCheckUp.org

This site is a confidential and free and easy resource service to help people 55 years and older locate and apply for benefits. There are numerous financial assistance programs, both public and private, that can help struggling Seniors trying to make ends meet. The site has information on more than 2000 programs. Many are available to anyone in need who qualify, while others are available only to older adults and can help them retain their independence.

Benefit Types

Food Assistance, Health Care, Prescription Drugs, Utility Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), low income housing, tax relief, respite care, free legal assistance and many other benefit programs are available.

To use the site, you enter basic information about the person in need-date of birth, zip code, and check boxes for what the person needs assistance with. The site generates a report instantly, listing links to the programs and services that the person may qualify for.

Some assistance programs can be applied for online while other have downloadable form to be printed and mailed, faxed or emailed in, and some require you to contact the program directly.

Benefits Enrollment Center

It is also possible to get help in person at a Benefits Enrollment Center. There are currently 36 centers in 24 states and 12 more will be added in 2016. Visit the online site for locations:

www.NCOA.org/centerforbenefits/becs

April 27, 2016 Flag

I live in Gallup New Mexico. I have guardianship of 3 kids and a single uncle. My roof has been leaking and I need help. We are on a very fixed income. We are looking for a new roof, but can't find the money for it. Is there any agency out there that would help? Thanks.

Finding home repair help can be difficult! A very easy online search for "low income home repair new mexico" produced many replies. You can try a search yourself and this US Department of Housing, etc., site to start. The people there will try to help you or suggest other resources.

http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD ... new_mexico/homeownership/homerepairs

January 25, 2016 Flag

I'm in dire need of a roof and can't get a loan. I'm the only income in my home and make under 30,000 a year. Community assistance is overwhelmed with people needing assistance. Does anyone have suggestions for me? I live in Alabama. I'm really stressed and can't get help from anywhere.

Call your township and ask for help some have contractors that you can call who will give you a discounted rate. If all else fails start getting figures on patching the roof. My township has a program that will loan you the money to put a new roof on and you don't have to payback the money unless you sell your house but that's for seniors only. I live in Illinois.

Read More Answers...
Load More
Home and Garden Home Improvement RoofJuly 28, 2013
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Selecting a Broker or Financial Planner, Happy Couple Talking With Financial Consultant
Selecting a Broker or Financial Planner
Removing Moss from a Roof, Cleaning Moss off Roof
Removing Moss from a Roof
A dirty roof that has been partially cleaned.
Saving Money on Roof Cleaning
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 23, 2016 at 8:24:52 PM on 10.0.2.28 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.