Getting Financial Assistance for Roof Repairs

When your roof is starting to fail it is important to get it fixed as soon as possible. This guide is about getting financial assistance for roof repairs.

June 10, 2016 Flag

I need a new roof, but I can't afford one. Is there any agency where I can get some help?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I Am on a fix income and I can't afford a new roof. Are there any programs thats available to help senior citizens?

I was left a home in Augusta, Ga. BUT my credit isn't the greatest and in need of a new roof ASAP.

Read More Answers...

September 1, 2011 Flag

My mother needs her roof repaired, and has no money to fix it. Can someone help with this for free? She is 86 years old and lives on a fixed income. I live in California and can't help her. She is strong and will need to stay in her home for some years.

By Lydia

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Where I am, we have a charity called "Rebuilding Together" and it's a national group to make home repairs so seniors can stay in their home. Ask local churches. Habitat for Humanity where I am just had a program for "weatherization"; this includes roof repairs. You have to apply. Check with the H4H in her area or in yours for a referral, or check the website.

Call her County's Health and Human Services Department - they would know if there are any state or county programs, including any senior programs. Also, telephone a roofer (or bldg contractor) in her area and ask about any programs or charity.

A lot of repairs can be done cheaply, if you know what you are doing and don't need to replace the entire roof, and maybe she could afford a cheap repair that even a neighbor may be able to do.

Best Answer

If there is a county Office for the Aging you should contact them. Here in upstate NY they fixed my mother's roof, installed a handrail on the back steps and got her a new furnace. They help with safety issues, so that the elderly can stay in their own homes longer.

Read More Answers...

May 24, 2016 Flag

I need help, including donated materials and a licensed company, to help bring my roof up to city codes. I do not have the money to pay for this work. Is there any way that I can get the help that I need?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You didn't say where you live. But, you can go on line and find the nearest energy trust or energy assistance program and they can often help.

While I don't know how Habitat for Humanities works, might it be worthwhile asking them to help you with your place in exchange for hours you volunteer?

Read More Answers...

July 12, 2016 Flag

How can I receive help with the repairing of my roof? I need a donation of materials and a licensed contractor to do the repair. I do not have the money to pay for the work. I'm willing to set up some kind of payment plan. Is there any way I can get the help I need? I have less than 3 weeks to have it repaired. Thank you.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have little to no money just started working again I have a shake roof that's over 25 years old needs replacement immediately.... I have no money what are my options

I have no income. Senior citizen need help putting roof on my house and need other work too. Husband is disable too. Who can i turn too for help in birmingham al.

Read More Answers...

November 14, 2014 Flag

My neighbor who is 93 years of age has a house that is also 93 years of age. It does not show a lot of damage to the home, still she does need some repairs. Also she really needs a roof put on. Without that roof she can lose her home insurance within three months. Once meeting her you wouldn't think that she is 93. She is very sweet. How can I find her some help?

By Nancy I. from Augusta, GA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

The best thing to do would be to call your local Office of Aging. I don't know if that's what it will be called in your area, but there is usually some place similar in most areas. They will be able to direct you to what programs are available. My in-laws had a furnace put in and the bill was only due when the house was sold (a lien). It worked out very well for them. I hope there's a good program close to you. Good luck.

You could check with the welfare office in your area. I'm not sure what it is called, but they must know of a program that would help.

Read More Answers...

February 1, 2014 Flag

Is there any one or place we can go to get help replacing our roof? We have very low income and my son has medical problems. We have no money to get it done.

By Tracy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I assume you have a social worker with the Department of Social services/Welfare Office. Talk to them, they should know about this nationwide organization that helps with things like that. It is called different names in different towns.

Several years ago, my sister had them do some repairs on her house, but you also have to stay in the house for a certain number of years or pay it back on a pro-rated basis. They also don't rush right in and do the repairs. You do have to meet income guidelines, and just because you feel hard up, doesn't necessarily mean you are.

How old is your son? I assume he receives Medicaid or disability. You should be keeping up with repairs that are needed while they are small, then it wouldn't be so hard to have the repairs made. I am so thankful I sold my house back in 1983 and have lived in apartments since then. When something needs to be repaired I call the manager and it gets taken care of. I didn't get rich selling my house, the proceeds after paying it off had to be split between my ex-husband and myself.

Best Answer

I live in York County, PA and have the same problem. I found out that the York County planning commission has a program for people in our situation. It takes several steps in the process but if it works out it is worth it. It is basically a no interest loan that only comes due if you sell the house. They also provide the contractors. There is an option to use your own but they will have to bid with the others to qualify. Hope this helps! Google stuff in your area for your county's planning commission.

Read More Answers...

August 2, 2016 Flag

I am in desperate need of a new roof, but I do not have the money. I have tried to get a loan, but my credit is not too good. I am a single mother. Can someone tell me where I can find help?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There are programs that provide assistance via grants for home repair, however, the process to apply for specific programs takes time and patience. The site below explains some programs and and provides information on how to apply for assistance:

http://www.geeksonhome.com/about_52 ... e-improvement-grants-low-income.html

Good Luck!

July 6, 2016 Flag

I live in Illinois and am unemployed. I have been experiencing leaking issues with my roof. It's so bad it's raining in my dining room. I can't find any programs or funding programs. I need suggestions for help in the suburban area of Illinois.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It is very difficult to be unemployed and need help for home repairs! Try this federal government site for possible help:

https://www.disability.gov/resource ... for-low-income-families-individuals/

Also try an online search for "home repair low income family".

Good Luck!

January 25, 2016 Flag

I'm in dire need of a roof and can't get a loan. I'm the only income in my home and make under 30,000 a year. Community assistance is overwhelmed with people needing assistance. Does anyone have suggestions for me? I live in Alabama. I'm really stressed and can't get help from anywhere.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I live in North West Florida-Pensacola and we have a "211" number you can call for all needs...check & see if you have that service in your area....also Catholic Social Services & United Way are wonderful help!

Call your township and ask for help some have contractors that you can call who will give you a discounted rate. If all else fails start getting figures on patching the roof. My township has a program that will loan you the money to put a new roof on and you don't have to payback the money unless you sell your house but that's for seniors only. I live in Illinois.

Read More Answers...

May 7, 2016 Flag

Are there grants for roof repairs for the elderly living in Lithonia, Georgia?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try this site for possible help:

SENIORS-National Council On Aging (NCOA)

The National Counseling On Aging has a free resource site:

www.BenefitsCheckUp.org

This site is a confidential and free and easy resource service to help people 55 years and older locate and apply for benefits. There are numerous financial assistance programs, both public and private, that can help struggling Seniors trying to make ends meet. The site has information on more than 2000 programs. Many are available to anyone in need who qualify, while others are available only to older adults and can help them retain their independence.

Benefit Types

Food Assistance, Health Care, Prescription Drugs, Utility Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), low income housing, tax relief, respite care, free legal assistance and many other benefit programs are available.

To use the site, you enter basic information about the person in need-date of birth, zip code, and check boxes for what the person needs assistance with. The site generates a report instantly, listing links to the programs and services that the person may qualify for.

Some assistance programs can be applied for online while other have downloadable form to be printed and mailed, faxed or emailed in, and some require you to contact the program directly.

Benefits Enrollment Center

It is also possible to get help in person at a Benefits Enrollment Center. There are currently 36 centers in 24 states and 12 more will be added in 2016. Visit the online site for locations:

www.NCOA.org/centerforbenefits/becs

April 27, 2016 Flag

I live in Gallup New Mexico. I have guardianship of 3 kids and a single uncle. My roof has been leaking and I need help. We are on a very fixed income. We are looking for a new roof, but can't find the money for it. Is there any agency out there that would help? Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Finding home repair help can be difficult! A very easy online search for "low income home repair new mexico" produced many replies. You can try a search yourself and this US Department of Housing, etc., site to start. The people there will try to help you or suggest other resources.

http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD ... new_mexico/homeownership/homerepairs

November 15, 2014 Flag

I am a low income widow in need of finding a grant to assist with roof repair. I am having very bad leaks.

By June

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I do not know what state or even "country" you live in but it may be difficult to acquire a "grant" for roof repair. You may be able to find a local organization that sometimes help families in very needy situations.

Perhaps you could check with your church to see if they will help or if they have a list of organizations that help in these situations. There may also be a list of organizations in your local telephone book - generally in the front - that you can call for information. Also dialing 211 in your area may help you find someone to help.

I can tell you that help may not be plentiful right now and the criteria is very strict - but if you qualify - someone may be able to do repairs - but not a completely new roof.

If you are in the United States, apply for Energy Assistance. It is a national program, LIHEAP (Low Income Energy Assistance Program), which is administered by each state. Call 211 to find out where you would apply. I worked for them years ago, and know that there is a section on the application that asks if you need some type of help repairing your home, including the roof.

Read More Answers...

August 4, 2015 Flag

I live in South Carolina. How do I go about getting my roof fixed? It's a family house owned by my uncle. He receives disability and so do I. Is there anyone in the Horry county area that could help us?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Your uncle can try:

http://www.eldercaredirectory.org/state-resources.htm

Scroll down to your state.

Load More
Home and Garden Home Improvement RoofJuly 28, 2013
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Selecting a Broker or Financial Planner, Happy Couple Talking With Financial Consultant
Selecting a Broker or Financial Planner
Removing Moss from a Roof, Cleaning Moss off Roof
Removing Moss from a Roof
A dirty roof that has been partially cleaned.
Saving Money on Roof Cleaning
🎉
🎄