Browsing: Getting Financial Assistance for Roof Repairs

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Getting Financial Assistance for Roof Repairs

When your roof is starting to fail it is important to get it fixed as soon as possible. This guide is about getting financial assistance for roof repairs.

A man with a nail gun performing roof repairs.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

June 10, 2016 Flag

I need a new roof, but I can't afford one. Is there any agency where I can get some help?

Yes me and family r in the needs of having our roof done but we on a fix income and can't afford it at the moment so if anybodycan help us please email or text me or call me soon asap bc I don't think this roof going hold this winter or call my at 870 636 4122.Thank you

September 1, 2011 Flag

My mother needs her roof repaired, and has no money to fix it. Can someone help with this for free? She is 86 years old and lives on a fixed income. I live in California and can't help her. She is strong and will need to stay in her home for some years.

By Lydia

Best Answer

Where I am, we have a charity called "Rebuilding Together" and it's a national group to make home repairs so seniors can stay in their home. Ask local churches. Habitat for Humanity where I am just had a program for "weatherization"; this includes roof repairs. You have to apply. Check with the H4H in her area or in yours for a referral, or check the website.

Call her County's Health and Human Services Department - they would know if there are any state or county programs, including any senior programs. Also, telephone a roofer (or bldg contractor) in her area and ask about any programs or charity.

A lot of repairs can be done cheaply, if you know what you are doing and don't need to replace the entire roof, and maybe she could afford a cheap repair that even a neighbor may be able to do.

Best Answer

May 24, 2016 Flag

I need help, including donated materials and a licensed company, to help bring my roof up to city codes. I do not have the money to pay for this work. Is there any way that I can get the help that I need?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You didn't say where you live. But, you can go on line and find the nearest energy trust or energy assistance program and they can often help.

July 12, 2016 Flag

How can I receive help with the repairing of my roof? I need a donation of materials and a licensed contractor to do the repair. I do not have the money to pay for the work. I'm willing to set up some kind of payment plan. Is there any way I can get the help I need? I have less than 3 weeks to have it repaired. Thank you.

I have little to no money just started working again I have a shake roof that's over 25 years old needs replacement immediately.... I have no money what are my options

August 2, 2016 Flag

I am in desperate need of a new roof, but I do not have the money. I have tried to get a loan, but my credit is not too good. I am a single mother. Can someone tell me where I can find help?

There are programs that provide assistance via grants for home repair, however, the process to apply for specific programs takes time and patience. The site below explains some programs and and provides information on how to apply for assistance:

http://www.geeksonhome.com/about_52 ... e-improvement-grants-low-income.html

Good Luck!

September 6, 2016 Flag

I have a neighbor who is a single mom. She desperately needs a new roof with much wood replacement and many other repairs to her home. She has no income, but does own the home. Can someone please refer me to someone who can help her in the Jacksonville, Florida.

November 14, 2014 Flag

My neighbor who is 93 years of age has a house that is also 93 years of age. It does not show a lot of damage to the home, still she does need some repairs. Also she really needs a roof put on. Without that roof she can lose her home insurance within three months. Once meeting her you wouldn't think that she is 93. She is very sweet. How can I find her some help?

By Nancy I. from Augusta, GA

Best Answer

The best thing to do would be to call your local Office of Aging. I don't know if that's what it will be called in your area, but there is usually some place similar in most areas. They will be able to direct you to what programs are available. My in-laws had a furnace put in and the bill was only due when the house was sold (a lien). It worked out very well for them. I hope there's a good program close to you. Good luck.

February 1, 2014 Flag

Is there any one or place we can go to get help replacing our roof? We have very low income and my son has medical problems. We have no money to get it done.

By Tracy

Best Answer

I assume you have a social worker with the Department of Social services/Welfare Office. Talk to them, they should know about this nationwide organization that helps with things like that. It is called different names in different towns.

Several years ago, my sister had them do some repairs on her house, but you also have to stay in the house for a certain number of years or pay it back on a pro-rated basis. They also don't rush right in and do the repairs. You do have to meet income guidelines, and just because you feel hard up, doesn't necessarily mean you are.

How old is your son? I assume he receives Medicaid or disability. You should be keeping up with repairs that are needed while they are small, then it wouldn't be so hard to have the repairs made. I am so thankful I sold my house back in 1983 and have lived in apartments since then. When something needs to be repaired I call the manager and it gets taken care of. I didn't get rich selling my house, the proceeds after paying it off had to be split between my ex-husband and myself.

Best Answer
Load More
Home and Garden Home Improvement RoofJuly 28, 2013
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Selecting a Broker or Financial Planner, Happy Couple Talking With Financial Consultant
Selecting a Broker or Financial Planner
Removing Moss from a Roof, Cleaning Moss off Roof
Removing Moss from a Roof
A dirty roof that has been partially cleaned.
Saving Money on Roof Cleaning
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 30, 2016 at 2:18:02 AM on 10.0.0.196 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.