Browsing: Getting Gasoline Smell out of Van

Getting Gasoline Smell out of Van

My mom spilled some gas in the back of her minivan on the carpet. Any suggestions on how to get the smell out?

Wendy from Wescosville

Answers:

Getting Gasoline Smell out of Van

Try baking soda, pour on, let stand, vac out next day. Or try something like Fabreze. You might need to actually use a carpet cleaner like Resolve to remove the gasoline from the rug. (05/28/2004)

By Linda

Getting Gasoline Smell out of Van

I just had the same thing happen to me but almost a whole gallon spilled on the back mat. Even though I think most all was contained on the mat which I have removed, the van stinks. I tried "Capture" carpet cleaner which is similar to the baking soda idea (I didn't use the spray part of it, just the sprinkle-on stuff to absorb any splattered gasoline) and then I've been keeping the back hatch open as much as I can. I noticed the best result yesterday as it was a windy day and I think some of it must have evaporated--but I think I still have a ways to go. Thinking of just tossing the mat as it really reeks! (09/29/2004)

By Lori

Getting Gasoline Smell out of Van
Gasoline Can
Removing Gasoline Smell from Shoes
Disposing of Old Gasoline, Red gas can.
Disposing of Old Gasoline
Wooden bookshelf.
Removing Gasoline Smell from Wood Furniture
Pouring Gasoline from Gas Can
Removing Gasoline Smell on Skin
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 4:47:35 PM on 10.0.0.123 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.