Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

I found a solution to get dried gum out of my dryer. It was to use a washcloth and the liquid Shout it Out. I would spray the Shout it Out and let it soak and then a few minutes later use the washcloth and it would come off fairly easy.

Chibi

Answers:

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

This works to get gum out of carpet, so it should work in other places too: peanut butter. Just spread/smear peanut butter on the gum and it will break the nasty stuff down. (They ought to outlaw that vile substance). (10/15/2004)

By Alph

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

I just read this forum to see what other people said. I would say that the Goof Off will give the best results. In a dryer drum use the new gel Goof Off for best results. The gel will help to get the drum all the way around clean. (12/05/2004)

By sears associate

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

My oldest son left a whole pack of gum in his jeans pocket and my brand new dryer was laced with sticky residue. I just used Spot Shot Emergency Stain Wipes. It worked like a charm, took about 5 minutes to clean up and did not leave a strong odor afterward! I swear by it. This will become a regular in my household for the "emergencies" caused by my sons. (01/02/2005)

By Angela

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

Damp dryer sheet worked like a charm. Dried up gum in the dryer came off with very little elbow grease in about 10 minutes. Thanks. (04/21/2007)

By Dave C.

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

Rubbing alcohol works as well. Put the alcohol on the gum, let it set for about a minute and wipe it off. It takes a little elbow grease, but it makes the dryer look shiny and brand new. (05/31/2007)

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

I found that the Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner works really well. Just spray it on section by section and let it sit. I scrubbed it with a textured sponge. (08/09/2008)

By Troy

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

I didn't have any Shout, so I used the Spray N Wash with Resolve in it, with the dryer sheets and it came off really easily! Thanks everyone. (08/15/2008)

By Kimmy

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

I accidentally left gum in my pockets. I warmed up the dryer and sprayed on Oxiclean and used a sponge to wipe it away. Perfect! (09/02/2008)

By Melissa

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

Wow, Spray and Wash and the Bounce sheet worked like a charm, fast and easy. Within 5 minutes my extra large dryer drum was spic and span and free of any gum, thanks to all. (09/11/2008)

By Diana

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

I love this sight. I used Glade Fabric and Air and sprayed it into the dryer, let sit for seconds and then used several dryer sheets and scrubbed it right out within 15 minutes. Thanks to you all for your help and advice. I thought my new dryer was wasted. (10/05/2008)

By Allison in WY

A dryer full of clothing.
Removing Gum from the Dryer
Uses for Sweet Gum Balls
Uses for Sweet Gum Balls
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Dryer Sheets
Are Dryer Sheets Safe for Birds?
Removing Gum from Hair
Removing Gum from Hair
🎄