Getting Hair Back to Natural Colour After Dyeing

I got my hair dyed grey awhile back and now I am wanting to get it back to my natural colour which is a mid brown. I want to know if it is possible? I really want my natural hair back without having to go back and forth to a hair salon.

In order for mid brown to be colored grey, it would first have to be pre bleached to the pale yellow stage. I will assume that's what happened in your case. The silver shades with their blue base and the platinum shades with their purple base (sometimes called 'grey'), would not even show up on mid brown hair without pre bleaching.

This pre bleaching leaves the hair in a very porous state. It can 'grab' color easily when re coloring, and often go darker than the person wanted. Conversely, often this very porous hair will not hold the re coloring agent very well, and a filler may be required prior to the re coloring.

What you ask is possible. My advice to you is to leave this procedure to a professional. If done properly, I see no reason why you should need to go back to the salon after the initial treatment.

You may also want to check out any school that teach. They may be able to help you for a fraction of the price of a salon and the teacher normally hovers around making sure the students are doing the procedures correctly! I have been very satisfied doing this!

There are also wash in 'rinses' and 'color crayons' that you can use while your hair grows back out. Good Luck!