Getting Hair Dye Off of Skin

What is the best way to get hair dye off of your hands? I just dyed my sister's hair. She poured too much paint into the mix which made it extra dark. I tried Dawn dish soap and scrubbed with a sponge, toothpaste with baking soda, and a special salon cleanser made for this reason, but nothing helped! I refuse to try cigarette ashes, bleach, or the Magic Eraser, because it takes a layer of your skin away and leaves it raw. Anything else I can use that can be found at home?

By lilpinkx15

How to Get Hair Dye off of Skin

Have you tried "Lava" soap? I'm sure that it will take off the hair coloring. (08/26/2010)

By castleberrycc

How to Get Hair Dye off of Skin

First, it doesn't make a bit of difference how much of a dark/darker color (paint as you call it) was mixed because it would have stained your hands no matter what because you didn't wear gloves. ;-) Since the Clean Touch you tried didn't work, then go back to the beauty supply and get 40% volume hydrogen peroxide because it has the highest 'lift' (don't even bother with the 3% volume you get at the pharmacy).

Wet your dry hands down well with it and 'lightly' rub a dub dub for a minute or two. You may need to repeat another time or two but it will get rid of most, if not all, of the stain. Wash your hands afterward and use some lotion while your hands are still damp so your skin is moisturized. I was a hairstylist for 35 years and my specialty was as a chemical technician. (08/27/2010)

By Deeli

I tried coconut oil mixed with sugar...amazing!

Getting Hair Dye Off Skin
Getting Hair Dye Off Skin
Keeping Hair Dye Off Skin
Keeping Hair Dye Off Your Skin
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub