Getting Natural Hair Color Back After Dyeing

I dyed my hair a dark brown and it turned out dark brown with a bit of ginger. So I tried to dye it again to get rid of the ginger and it just turned darker so I when to get some highlights put in to lighten it. The highlights turned ginger, but did lighten my hair to a light ginger. It's not what I wanted. How can I get my natural light brown hair back?

Try Color Oops hair colour remover:

http://www.targ  amp;gclsrc=aw.ds

You have done a lot of processing already. Deep condition your hair weekly. Use a semipermanent color in the right shade and recolor in a month.

there's pretty much nothing you can do at this point that wouldn't cost hundreds of dollars and also wreck your hair. you have dyed it TWICE and then added highlights on top of that. please don't do more to it without consulting AT LEAST two professionals

Smart answer.

I have turned down the chance to make some big bucks because I knew certain things just can't be done. Unhappy with that, the customer goes elsewhere and lets someone else further ruin their hair.

gclark2 may, by consulting a professional colorist, get her hair to a color she can live with while her hair grows out. She will not, neither at home nor by a professional colorist, get her hair back to her natural light brown.

I have been a barber for 25 years and do color frequently you have done a lot as other people say and to keep dying it will damage it what you need is go to your local Sally's and get a Protein Filler then get the brown you want get a red Ken conditioner packet to put on afterwards for about 8 to 10 mins mix grey coverage, a protein filler, and your brown all together with a brush bottle won't work as good this will open up the hair cuticle and let it absorb the color it should stay for atleast 3 months!! Good luck

you might try using some henna, which is a natural ages-old hair dye, non-permanent but also non-chemical, whilst giving your hair time to recuperate. After that, maybe yu can touch it up

I don't agree. Henna falls somewhere between a semi-permanent and a permanent color. Natural henna does not penetrate the hair shaft as do most 'regular' colors. Instead, it coats the hair shaft, making further treatments such as coloring or permanent waving very difficult. I've never advised using natural henna, and certainly not in this case.