Getting Onion Smell off Hands

You know how to get the onion smell off your hands after chopping onions? If you have a stainless steel sink in your kitchen, rub your hands on the stainless steel sink or the stainless steel faucet. It will take the odor off your hands, then wash with soapy water. Yes, it really works!

By Debi

Answers:

Removing Onion Smell

After cutting and dicing onions, rub your hands on the inside of a stainless steel sink. The odors will be removed. (12/20/2004)

By Bill Robinson

Hands Smell After Chopping Onions?

Cut a small piece off of your celery and rub it on your hands, knife, or other surfaces. The chemicals in the celery counteract the smelly chemicals in the onion.
(01/25/2005)

By Heidi

Getting Onion Smell off Hands

Stainless steel works! I take a large stainless spoon and rub it under running water, like I'm washing my hands with soap, between fingers, and any place the onion has touched.
I love onion, but hated the smell left on my hands.
(01/25/2005)

By Bustersmamajo

Getting Onion Smell off Hands

You can also rub some salt on your hands. (01/25/2005)

By Michelle

Getting Onion Smell off Hands

Rubbing your hands on stainless steel also removes garlic odor. I would still use soap to remove any oils, but the remaining odor is gone just with a swipe on the sink. (01/25/2005)

By beanygurl

Getting Onion Smell off Hands

Lemon juice works, too, and you can also use it to get the onion smell off your cutting board! (04/06/2005)

By Darla

Getting Onion Smell off Hands

Plain old table salt will take the smell of onion away and also helps with the sting of the hot peppers. Just wash hands with soap and water and sprinkle table salt on your hands. Smell gone like magic! (08/29/2005)

By QuakerMom42

Getting Onion Smell off Hands

Tried just rubbing hands on faucet - didn't work. Tried using a stainless steel butter knife handle with salt and Dawn dish detergent all over hands and between fingers for at least 3 minutes. Helped some, but not 100 percent. It did work well to dry out my skin! Gold Bond medicated moisturizer finished off the onion smell and repaired the dryness to my hands. (01/09/2006)

By Sandy

Getting Onion Smell off Hands

The tap thing worked for me! (02/24/2007)

By Jasmine

Chef chopping red onion
Removing Onion and Garlic Smell From Hands
walkin shower drain
Shower Has an Onion Smell
Onion
Removing Onion Smell
beautiful lawn
Getting Rid of Onion Grass
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
🎉
🎄