Getting Rid Of Carpenter Ants

How can I kill carpenter ants without using an exterminator? Already have one on retainer for termites. I really don't want to give them any more money.

Thanks.

Sheila from Central FL

Answers:

Getting Rid Of Carpenter Ants

Every few years I get carpenter ants in my home. I tried bait traps, but finally called an exterminator. He explained in my state we have only two types of ants (maybe fire ants at some future time) small red ants and carpenter ants. Bait traps work only on the small red ants. Carpenter ants don't eat that stuff. They are looking for damp wood and water. When I killed the carpenter ants outside I noticed the carpenter ants would be carrying off the dead ants. I asked the exterminator why. He said they are cannibals and take the dead ants back to the nest to eat. That is why bait traps and other types of deterrents don't work. Red ants eat from the bait traps. Spend the money and get a exterminator. It cost me $450 with a ninety day guarantee. The ants were gone by the next day. (09/11/2007)

By Dean

Carpenter Ant
Getting Rid of Carpenter Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Carpenter bee drilling into wood.
Getting Rid of Carpenter Bees
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🎄