Getting Rid Of Dandelions

Does anyone have any ideas on getting rid of dandelions in your yard? We bought some type of spray to use on them in Walmart, but they have come back.

Tammy from VA

Answers:

Getting Rid Of Dandelions

I've heard that vinegar works, but I like boiling water. It cooks the little buggers. (04/25/2005)

By Wendee

Getting Rid Of Dandelions

The only thing I've found that was successful is the Weed Hound and a lot of work. The Weed Hound can usually be found at garden centers, such as WalMart, etc. Of course, they'll come back next year, so you have to do it all over again; however, it is possible to get rid of them for one year at the time. (04/25/2005)

By tedsmom

Getting Rid Of Dandelions

I always heard the only way to really get rid of them is by getting the root and all. Use a long handled flat-edge screwdriver and dig down deep enough to loosen the root and pull. Takes a little effort, but hey, at least you'll have a good excuse to go out and enjoy the pretty weather, get some fresh air, and exercise. Besides, I've grown to like the little jewels of nature and to co-exist peacefully with them, in my older age. (04/25/2005)

By darween

Getting Rid Of Dandelions

Get a weed popper. It is essentially a 4 pronged fork very strong with tines about the diameter of a pencil, round, and pointed. It has a handle about 3 feet long. And is hinged to the popper. You place it by hand behind the weed then use your foot to stomp the fork under the weed and it will pop out.
It works perfectly on almost every weed. It is amazing how long the roots of dandelions in particular are. (05/01/2005)

By Mike

Getting Rid Of Dandelions

The Dandelion Terminator is so fast and easy to use it's even fun. (05/18/2006)

By Ed

Dandelions With Blue Sky in Background
Getting Rid of Dandelions
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
iTunes icon on a phone
Getting Rid of Duplicates in iTunes
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
🎄