Getting Rid Of Grubs

I have trouble with moles in my yard "off and on". Then, this year I noticed also that I have grub worms. I have never had the grub worms (that I have known of). Between the grub worms and the moles; they are destroying my yard. Any suggestions has to how to rid of these pests?

Thanks!
Judy from Collierville, TN

Answers:

Getting Rid Of Grubs

The grubs your talking about are most likely "Japanese Beetles" they come out of the ground here about July 1st. They eat everything, they are hard to get rid of. Contact your local Farm and Fleet store for traps. Good luck. (06/11/2007)

Getting Rid Of Grubs

My husband is a landscaper and when we moved into our house we had the same grub/mole problem. Moles eat grubs so when you get rid of grubs the moles should follow soon. Now I thought my husband was crazy, but this worked. He put beer in throw away tubs (like margarine) around the yard. Grubs like beer. They go into the container and drown. It took a while to get grub free, but it did work. Good luck. (06/13/2007)

By Lois

Getting Rid Of Grubs

Most any fertilizing/lawn care company can do grub prevention applications. As far as I know, moles eat grubs so if you get rid of your grubs, you'll get rid of the moles. Grubs tho eat your lawn so you really want to get rid of them. Check at a hardware or home improvement store if they have something to take care of the grubs. When the grubs are gone, the moles will go looking elsewhere for a food source. (06/13/2007)

By Debbie52

Getting Rid Of Grubs

Over-seeding will get rid of grubs. Do it in the fall and the spring. Also, don't cut your grass too short. If you can stand it, leave your grass to grow for 2 months. The grubs can't lay eggs on tall grass. They also hate mulch or tall grass because they can't get around easily. You can spread cornmeal gluten or your grass. It's a fertilizer and it makes for strong grass roots. (07/24/2008)

Photo of mounds from moles.
Getting Rid of Grubs
Japanese beetle eating a leaf.
Getting Rid of Japanese Beetles
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
Marigolds
Grubs Eating Marigolds
🎉
🎄