Getting Rid Of Lizards

I live in Texas and I have those brown/white striped lizards with ridges along their neck and back, I am terrified of them. They're on my porch and windows and multiplying. I'll do anything to get rid of them. Can anyone please help?

Betty

Answers:

Getting Rid Of Lizards

There's a site online that sells fake owls (to get rid of birds) and since owls are most likely predators of lizards, these may also scare away lizards. Another thing you may try is those plug-in rodent and pest deterrents. You'd have to plug it out on your porch in an outdoor outlet. They work by putting out a high pitch frequency that humans can't hear. They advertise that they are safe for pets. (08/04/2008)

By Cyinda

Getting Rid Of Lizards

Get you a cat. Not only will they help out with your lizard population, but mice, and other rodents, as well as be your new best friend. (08/05/2008)

By badwater

Getting Rid Of Lizards

Lizards are just native to your environment and won't hurt you. They eat bugs, so they are good guys. (08/05/2008)

By Linda

Getting Rid Of Lizards

We have a troop of feral cats that we've had spayed, basic shots, etc. and do feed them. Unfortunately, they have taken to eating the geckos which I enjoy seeing. So, though it is not what I like, they do an effective job. Oddly, they do not eat the toads (good), but the toads share their cat food. Perhaps that will help you. Other friends with cats tell me their cats get quite a few geckos, also. (08/06/2008)

By Rosemarie

Getting Rid Of Lizards

Please, dont't try to get rid of the lizards! They help keep bug populations under control. They're at your house, because they're finding bugs for food. If you get rid of the lizards, you'll end up with a lot of pests that will freak you out even more.

Why do you fear innocent lizards, anyway? They don't harm humans, and they're adorable. When I lived in Arizona, one of the things I enjoyed most in our backyard was watching the little lizards sunning themselves on our fence.

Before she passed away, my aunt (God rest her soul) just adored spotting lizards on the fence. She was terminally ill, and sometimes got confused about things. It was cute how she'd sometimes call the geckos "Geicos" (after the talking lizard on TV!). (08/07/2008)

By WildIrish

Getting Rid Of Lizards

The lizards you are talking about are called Mountain Boomers. Don't let a cat kill your lizards. Put mothballs around the house and the lizards won't go near them. If you kill off the lizards you'll have a bug problem. (08/10/2008)

By J D

Getting Rid Of Lizards

I bought those plug-in pest controls from Home Depot to keep the lizards out of the house. They supposedly emit a high pitch tone that will rid the house of pests. I don't have any other animals, but I'm told they're safe for the cats and dogs.
(06/04/2010)

By Deyi

Getting Rid Of Lizards
Getting Rid Of Lizards
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Boy Holding Lizard
Keeping Lizards as Pets
Green chameleon on a branch.
Identifying Lizards
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
🎉
🎄