Getting Rid Of Spiders Outside House

We are looking for a "pet safe" product or way to get rid of black widow spiders and wolf spiders. They are all around the outside of our home and pool area. Their webs are everywhere.

By clck622 from St. Petersburg, FL

Osage Oranges or "Horse Apples"

I'm in Missouri and here we use "Osage Oranges." They are green about the size of an orange and it has a pattern on it that looks like brains. They definitely get rid of all spiders. When they start to turn brown just throw away and put out new ones.

By castleberrycc

Editor's Note: Another name is "Horse Apple." Wiki says, "It is a small deciduous tree or large shrub, typically growing to 8 - 15 metres (26 - 49 ft) tall. The fruit, a multiple fruit, is roughly spherical, but bumpy, and 7-15 cm in diameter, and it is filled with a sticky white latex sap. In fall, its color turns a bright yellow-green and it has a faint odor similar to that of oranges. Native to the rich bottom lands of Arkansas, Texas, and Oklahoma."

Exterminator

I think if you have black widows that you should call an exterminator right away. A lot of them advertise pet friendly products. In fact, I had the outside of my house and garage sprayed for spiders in June and it cost $165.00 inc. tax. I have not seen a spider since.

By Cindy S.

Mint Oil

A great spider deterrent is mint oil, if you can't find mint oil try using fresh mint and just rub it all over the areas that you want to chase the spiders from. If you know someone who grows mint just cut a few sprigs and stick them in a glass of water and they will root in a week, pot up and use when you need it. Be careful when growing mint as it gets out of control. Even in a pot if you let it go to seed, you will never get rid of it! I cut the seeding stems as soon as I see them coming up.

By Wolfbytez

I have been putting pepermint oil in a spray bottle of water and spray it around the light fixture as I burn outside lights at night. I also spray it on the siding and around the outside door ways. It does seems to help. you can add as much oil as you like to the water. worth a try.

I put several drops of peppermint oil in a spray bottle of water and spray it around light fixture and on the siding and around the door ways,has help

I put drops of peppermint oil in a spray bottle of water, can make as strong as you like, I spray around the light fixture cause I burn an outside light at night. I sprayed the vinyl siding and around the door entry ways. this has helped a lot, this is the second year I have used this method. give it a try...

Spider Hanging on web Outside
Getting Rid Of Spiders Outside House
Cricket on white
Getting Rid of Crickets in the House
A spider trapped under a drinking glass.
Getting Rid of Spiders
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Brown Recluse Spider
Getting Rid of Brown Recluse Spiders
🎉
🎄