Getting Rid of Ants

How do I get rid of house ants?

Terri from Leesburg, NJ

Getting Rid of Ants

I use Ortho Home Defense in and around the outside of my house. I have a small back and side yard, so I spray it there too. The trigger spray is @7.50 and I use it about every 3 months (everywhere). I have a 3 year old who is highly allergic to ants, so I use it constantly to make sure there are no ants in or around my house. My mom uses it about every 6 months and doesn't have any problems with ants either. She also uses it in her flower beds. (08/19/2008)

By momoffour

Getting Rid of Ants

My mom and sister both had an ant issue (Florida). They both swear by Mop N Glo. For some reason it repels them and they don't come back.

By Michael the Moe

Getting Rid of Ants

The Terro really does work! You put it down where they come in (out of reach of pets and kids) and let them go for it. It is kind of disgusting because they will swarm all over it and you have to leave them alone for 24-36 hours. Then the numbers drop off and the few that are around act weird and confused. You can then pick up the bait and kill the few left with something safe like formula 409.

They usually don't come back. You can retreat if they do. The problem seems to be that there are multiple independent nests so you have to get each in turn as they invade. The problem with repellents like cinnamon is they will just find another way in. Terro kills the nest. (02/08/2009)

By Ron S

Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Fire Ants
Getting Rid of Fire Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
Several small ants inside a sugar bowl
Getting Rid of Small Black Ants
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants