AntsPest Control

Getting Rid of Ants and Mice

Category Ants

How can I get rid of ants and mice?

By Robert

Mice hate, hate, hate the smell of peppermint. Soak a cotton ball with oil of peppermint (which will be easy to find this time of year) and put them where u think they might be coming in or randomly in cabinets. They will scamper away and never will return as long as they can smell the peppermint. As far as ants go the only thing I know of is Boric Acid powder. The best place I have found it was at Dollar General. Hope this helps.

I tried peppermint oil. It did nothing to keep mice out! I have ants as well. I'm scared to use anything that my pets might be poisoned from, so I bought Combat ant baits.

Used every kind of mousetrap made. The best was by ortho on amazon. However, THE best mousetrap for me happened to be the Rat Zapper. It electrocutes the mouse. It worked when the mice discovered how to magically eat the bait(peanut butter) off the traps without getting caught. I put an animal cracker into the rat zapper & caught two mice in one day. I bought it on amazon.

Hope you find the right method for you!

I use regular mouse traps baited with peanut butter. For ants I mix boric acid with some jelly and all my ants are gone.