Getting Rid of Bermuda Grass

Does the homemade weed killer kill Bermuda grass? I rocked my front yard and the landscaper who did it did not lay any type of ground cover before laying the rocks. Now I have Bermuda grass and weeds coming up. Most of the weed killers over the counter do get rid of the weeds, but I haven't found anything to get rid of the Bermuda grass. Thank you in advance for your help.

By Miss6853 from Chandler, AZ

Answers:

Getting Rid of Bermuda Grass

I suggest to pour gas on it or cover it with plastic for a few weeks, good luck. (04/12/2009)

By kffrmw88

Getting Rid of Bermuda Grass

This website will give you instructions on how to get rid of Bermuda grass and which grass killer to use.

http://www.scotts.com/smg/solve/solution/solutionArticle.jsp?detailId=11400010andparentId=100015

(04/12/2009)

By Anonymous

Getting Rid of Bermuda Grass

Depending on what else is growing (wanted) in the area, boiling water will kill Bermuda grass. It only works on the current crop though. Bermuda grass re-seeds itself prolifically, so you may want to use Preen or some other re-emergent products after you take care of the existing grass issues. Good luck! (04/14/2009)

By MooseMom

Patchy Bermuda grass
Getting Rid of Bermuda Grass
Japanese beetle eating a leaf.
Getting Rid of Japanese Beetles
Little girl on the beach wearing a grass skirt.
Making Grass Skirts
Johnson Grass
Getting Rid of Johnson Grass
Clump of sod with dirt in the background.
Getting Rid of Lawn
🎉
🎄