Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders

How do you get rid of black widow spiders? Is there a natural and/or affordable way to control them? We have pets and a three year old child to take into consideration while searching for a solution.

Shawn from Las Vegas, NV

Answers:

Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders

I lived in Arizona, where dealing with black widows is an ongoing concern. There's really no avoiding getting a pro pest control service involved, because black widows' feet have pads that prevent them from absorbing just about anything you might spray. Exterminators have chemicals that are not only effective, but also safe around children and pets if you keep the little ones away from the area until the chemicals have dried.

Small children and pets can easily be killed by a black widow bite, so keeping the kids out of the sprayed area for a while is a small price to pay, to make sure your kids and fur kids are safe. I'm a strong advocate for living green, but in some cases, chemicals simply must be used. (03/08/2009)

By WildIrish

Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders

Bayer now makes some excellent garden and yard products. I live near Carson City, Nevada, and have the same problem. I use Bayer Total Care, and spray the entire yard, including produce and flower gardens, and it lasts all spring and summer, unless we have a heavy rain. But that doesn't happen too often. It's worth a try. I get the concentrate and put it in my Miracle-Gro garden sprayer and spray everything. It's safe for children, pets, and wildlife once it dries. Otherwise you would have to go with the exterminator, which you would probably have to use 2 or 3 times a year. Good luck. (03/10/2009)

By patom

underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
A spider trapped under a drinking glass.
Getting Rid of Spiders
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
Spider Hanging on web Outside
Getting Rid Of Spiders Outside House
Brown Recluse Spider
Getting Rid of Brown Recluse Spiders
🎉
🎄